Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to swap out my 208 for a 241. I only see a couple of problems. Speed sensor, the 241 is out of a 90 model, going into and 84, will my cable out of the 84 work, the hole looks to be bout and inch or so on the 241, havent had a chance to check to 208 yet. Shifter, will i have to swap out the shifters or can i use the 208 shifter with the 241 case?

Anyone know of a good place to get a rebuild kit for the 241? I figure ill freshen it up before it goes in. Last but not least where can I get a gasket for the tranny to tcase flange, or is just an RTV thing?

thanks again guys

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I know for the gasket you can just use RTV or go to autozone and get a gasket.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I always RTV mine too, never had a problem.

As long as the pattern on the shifters stays the same, I think the shifter will be ok.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Just curious, what advantages are there to a NP241 over a NP208?

Bob

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the main advantage to me is that the 241 I have has working 4wd, the 208 thats in there will not stay in 4 hi, just jumps out and hangs in between 2 hi and 4hi. Other than that i think that the 241 has a lower low range, maybe (correct me if im wrong) a 2.69:1 where as the 208 is only 2:1 or something of that area.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Holy SMOKES!!! $1350 bucks! and that doesn't even include the core for the rebuild either!

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts