Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My normally smooth running 318 tbi with 150,000 miles on it developed a hiccup after driving at least an hour. Thinking it was time for some regular maintenance. I did a cap, rotor,wires,distributor module and spark plugs. Since that "repair"I have developed a serious stumbling and no power. I have tried to make sure i did not cross any wires and the firing order seems right. The other thing that has changed since i messed with it is the thermstatic controled door on the passenger side of exhaust manifold now rattles loud enough when the door opens and closes to sound like a lifter tick. I must have done something wrong this time doing a task that i always got right on my other ramchargers. Any suggestion that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
First, I would remove the cap and rotor, and make sure all the contacts are clean and free of dust, dirt, fingerprints, grease, etc. Clean them with a few light rubs with sandpaper. If that doesn't help, reset the pickup-reluctor gap in the dist. The spec I am aware of is .008" (you need a non-magnetic feeler gauge aka brass)

Finally, make sure your distributor module and any electrical connections are clean.

-SM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts