Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted earlier about this problem but I replaced the temperature sender and it’s better but not great. I ran fault codes and I got 35 which is radiator fan relay. Idk if that would cause it but what I believe to be the timing isn’t advancing when I accelerate fast but it starts really easy as the timing is perfect when starting. It will drop rpms and occasionally die in the middle of an intersection which isn’t fun. But when it does this it wil make Kind of a pop or backfire sound. It’s a 1989 tbi with headers and dual exhaust. Idk if I maybe didn’t plug something when I did the dual exhaust. I have it straight to mufflers no cat. I’ve done fuel injectors, o2 sensor, temperature sender. Just replaced the transmission.

·
Super Moderator
14,344 Posts
I would recheck your code sequence because I don't think you have an electric fan...

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
I have never seen a TBI truck post a 35 code.  Your description is correct, but it is highly unusual since no D/W series truck ever came with electric fans.  That code is specifically for the front wheel drive cars and minivans.  Double check that you are counting the code correctly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OKay I checked again and it read 12-35-55 I believe I’m pretty sure I’m reading them right but I’d be glad to email or text someone a video

·
Super Moderator
14,344 Posts
Sequence seems correct, and you may be totally correct, but it isn't typical. Can you make a video and post to youtube or something?

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
blink codes are vehicle and year specific , alot of mis info around , you must have/use the description for the numbers blinked FOR the year / vehicle that does the blinking ...    some #'s match other years , some don't .  I do NOT have a 1989 factory book , BUT my 1990 fsm says 35 is "idle switch shorted , OR idle switch open "  sounds like its telling you the problems your describing ( stalling) says shorted to ground OR no power to it . the electric motor , driver side front of tb .

12 is normal IF some one diconected the battery , otherwise a broken power source TO pcm , 55 is end of codes .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.