Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I get over the just off idle TBI bog in my 1991 318? It gets sort of annoying at times. All sensors have been checked/changed, so that's not the problem. I've heard of tilting the TPS. How is this done? thanks!

G

·
You elongate the mounting holes so that the sensor can piviot on the mounting screws you can only adjust it a little or else the computer gets un happy.

You can also bump up your base timing a couple of degrees too just unplug the cts sensor before you check the timing

·
Registered
55 Posts
put a BB in the vac line to the egr... Worked great on my 89 TBI off idle bog.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
does it help it alot?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
If you have to block off a vacumn line ,doesnt that mean there is a problem?
I tried the timing change and the tps adjust and found that once i cleaned the TBI unit it got rid of my stall. I have an 88 rc with a 91 p/u 318 TBI

·
Registered
65 Posts
8) I had that dreaded "just off take-off bog" in my 1991 RC with a 360 engine. I started doing the maintenance replacement thing (it's got 130,000 miles) starting with a new fuel filter. No change. Next, the Oxygen Sensor. No change. Then I changed the Coolent Temp Sensor. Still no change. Next was the Oxygen Sensor. No change. I just finished changing the MAP Sensor and that made a big difference. I lost the bog on take-off and the RC no longer surges during very low speed (Like when looking for a parking space at the market). I never got a code for a faulty Map Sensor, but it seems like that was probably the problem. 8)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts