Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have access to a 2000 model Durango with a magnum 360 and all the running gear. Is it possible to swap the 360 into my 1988 Ramcharger with a 318 TBI? Open to all suggestions, tips, info. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
yes, the engine fits quite well;  Trans not so well b/c its electronically controlled and for it to work you need to keep the durango wiring and pcm.  Not a easy task b/c lots of sensors that need to be exact.  Transfer case is a no go b/c its a drivers side drop- keep the 241 in your 88.

I hope you were not thinking about using the axles from the durango also.

88 has the bonus that the 5.9 that year came with a carb and can run a carb legally in most states if electrical engineering is not your thing. 

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really just wanted to use the engine but wasn't sure if the 727 would bolt up to the magnum 360 without an adapter. Would like to keep the fuel injection from the magnum rather than going carbureted.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
motor bolts right up to any of the mentioned transmissions . some changes in balance of converter / flex plate . use the parts from/with the motor .  use u shape motor  mount brackets from a 360 truck if the rango has the newer style brackets on the motor , 318/360 1 side is 1/2 inch longer on 360 ...  swap dizzy from 318 into 360 , look where rotor is pointing before ya pull it , put 318 back in 360 pointing the same direction ( its a screwdriver blade thing can only GO right or real wrong 180 off ) .  # 1 wire is 2 towers away from clip .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.