1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12,472 Posts
lookjs better than the profile pic u got lol . Not a bad looking ole mule .

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
pretty nice. i like the 6x9s by the back seat. what kinda are those? they look like some kenwoods i just saw at the stereo shop.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, that profile pic is from the ebay auction where I first saw it... Since I didn't have a digital cam, I couldn't put up anything else... I'm hoping DMV approves my custom plate, 'cause that'll be my new profile pic: 1 BMF RC ;D ;D

Joe - Those are Pioneer TS-A6970's.. 3-way, 240W.. I paid $80 for them @ PC Richard's.. (Believe it or not, Pep Boys carries them too for the same price) They actually were the best sounding pair on the entire wall. Funny thing is, the "Better" Pioneers, the TS-A6980's which are 4 way with rubber surrounds (the 6970's have the fabric surround) and cost $110, don't sound anywhere near as good as the 6970's do. There was a pair of Kenwoods that I was looking at, too, I think it was 6979 or something like that, but the Pioneers just sounded better. I had to use the 3/4" spacers so the magnet didn't hit the metal under the panels because they're so deep. Also, my side panels are plywood, so the speakers sound even better because it's a good, rigid mounting.

Matt {peace}

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
im getting 2 6949s 6x9s and 2 1659s 6-1/2s for 80bucks total soon. both kenwood.160/150w max respectivly. not bad eh?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good deal! {cool} What are you going to drive them with, & what head you have?

Matt {peace}

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
kenwood head 180watts/4channel. no amp, those just off the head unit. amp for the back subs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts