Dodge RamCharger Central banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got me a 4x... ppicked it up for $150... gonna be a good learning project.. Gonna drop my 85 360 in it... and build it from the frame up... Just don't know the direction to go with it yet....Prob going to put the 85 P/U cab on this frame just to simplify wiring... ;D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,766 Posts
doesnt look to horribly bad....

you got a lot of work cut out for you though! good luck! {cool}

·
5,705 Posts
Nice, im also looking for a really cheap ramcharger rolling chasey and body too put my 318 in. good luck looks like fun.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought i got a good deal.. I looked into just getting the parts needed to convert my 85 frame into 4x. and parts alone would have run me over $400-600. So I thought $150 wasn't too bad to get what I needed... tranny/transfer case, frame, front & rear axels. The body doesn't matter... I know i'm gonna have to come up with drive shafts.. (might be easier to have some made) But there is a lot of junk in this r/c body... will see what treasure lies within soon...LOL

BTW.. If anyone needs sideR/C glass... I have 2 sets ready to go...

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Looks like you've definitly got your work cut out for ya. BUt thats half the fun...

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
"i think its weird that the doors and taillgihts are gone and stuff but the rams head is still there."
- NOTABLAZER
yeah, that is kinda strange. nice rig man. if ya drop a truck cab on are ya gonna have an itty bitty bed on the back or just the frame rails?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
don't really know yet what kind of bed i'm gonna build.... thinking about cutting one of the r/c bodies and making a bed out of the back half of it...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found out a lil more info about this R/C.. Found the dealer paperwork on it... its got the "anti-spin" rear differential w/ 3.21 gears. The tranny is a 727, the T/C is a 241... now to put all this together to make a toy...

Attachments

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Lots of work, but sometimes thats half the fun. I may have the drive shafts for you. Let me check/.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Theramchargerkid said:
glad to see you got a 4x4 good job man! why dont you take that old blue 2wd and put all the parts on that one?
Way more work than i'm up for...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kinda got it cleaned up.. the frame & runnin gear look good. Now to get the body off and go from there... gonna start from the frame up.. It will be a lot easier to put the engine in if there is nothing in the way.. ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Still looks like fun to me.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
taz_man440 said:
Well, I finally got me a 4x... ppicked it up for $150... gonna be a good learning project.. Gonna drop my 85 360 in it... and build it from the frame up... Just don't know the direction to go with it yet....Prob going to put the 85 P/U cab on this frame just to simplify wiring... ;D
heres what i mean when i say it looks just like mine ;D

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey NOTABLAZER How much you give for yours?? what you gonna do to it?? got tranny / engine?
I'm waitin for a weekend befor i can really do anything to mine.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
What all are you going to do to it Taz? Do you need any parts?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Toyradio said:
What all are you going to do to it Taz? Do you need any parts?
Hey Toy... i could use some driveshafts.. I don't have any for a 4x.. When i get the r/c body off. I have to put a reguler fuel tank in it.. (Unless I can get this fuel pump to work that is in this tank & put a pressure regulater on it) then drop my 360 in. After I get the engine in, then I can drop the cab on and wire everything up then fire it up . ;D

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
taz_man440 said:
hey NOTABLAZER How much you give for yours?? what you gonna do to it?? got tranny / engine?
I'm waitin for a weekend befor i can really do anything to mine.
i paid $250 for it but it was complete. i was fixing it up but it kinda just fell apart. i'm using a lot of the parts on my 80 trail duster but eventually i'd like to put a truck cab on the frame and make it into a trail rig.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got the dash out!!! thanks guys for the trick about cutting the rubber where bolts are.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 129 Posts