·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would actually be good for those that get less than fleet average mileage (~19mpg). Those that get better mileage than that would end up paying more at the pump.

The worry is that cars keep getting better mileage, so they use less fuel. Less fuel means less fuel tax income. So they took the average fleet economy rating, and converted the tax per gallon into an equivalant tax per mile. That way their tax income remains the same as long as people drive the same amount.

With this tax structure, it shifts the tax burden from the high fuel users, to the high road users. It makes sense.

But there is no way in hell I'd allow the gov't to install a gps tracker into my vehicle, they'd have to find a way better solution than that.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
tv_larsen said:
But there is no way in hell I'd allow the gov't to install a gps tracker into my vehicle, they'd have to find a way better solution than that.
Unfortunatly if you bought your car from a dealer (Used car) you already have one instaled. They install them so if you default on the payments they can find it reguardless of what adress you have on the aplication. (little know fact)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts