Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
89 5.2 RC 4X4....electrical wiring diagrams for radio head unit anyone!? Damn thing keeps shorting out after a certain professional ::) put in an aftermarket cd player. Getting hot plastic plugs behind the dash.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
factory , but most fellas just cut the factory plugs rather than use the adapters from crutchfeild

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
dodge82273 said:
factory , but most fellas just cut the factory plugs rather than use the adapters from crutchfeild
I disagree. These days it's a lot more common to see people using the adaptor pigtails. They are cheap, available everywhere and it's the same labor, so there isn't much reason not to use them.

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
correct , and why I keep both on my shelf , no wait time . plus the factory harness is NOT molested .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i may have butchered the installation of my aftermarket stereo so im gonna go to a professional stereo installer here in my little big town and pray they have really good hands and even better wiring schematics! I looked at the given wiring schematic in the above reply and i think this was just over my head a bit. Sucks being a noob lol. Thanks for the help guys 8)

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
if you email me [its below ] l,ll send you a diagram 10 year old could read and wire your stereo [ include ALL info from this post ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.