Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the tallest skinniest 15" truck tire offered? I am hoping to find a 34"x9.5"x15" anyone make something close? I would like something fitting to a 4x4 but not a mud AT tire this time. PG

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PGG said:
What is the tallest skinniest 15" truck tire offered? I am hoping to find a 34"x9.5"x15" anyone make something close? I would like something fitting to a 4x4 but not a mud AT tire this time. PG
Anyone? Here is an image to help you guys think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Interco offers a 34x9.50 15, but you can bet they don't measure anywhere near 34" tall when they are on the truck and you will have to deal with Interco's "quality" issues.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
All I can think of in 15's are 33x10.50R15 or Q78-15LT (Swampers).

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u2slow said:
All I can think of in 15's are 33x10.50R15 or Q78-15LT (Swampers).
I might consider 16,17 or 18 to get the look right. I have found this more difficult then I expected.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I would sooner find something 9.00R16 again than go the 16.5" route....

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u2slow said:
I would sooner find something 9.00R16 again than go the 16.5" route....
I was joking about the $770 per tire for those... I would need to find another option for sure! PG

·
Registered
1977 W-200 318-727-203
417 Posts
I don't know about deestone, but I had them originally from the Army, from a known manufacturer, and they were horrible, Nylon inners, so in the morning when you left they wobbled like a madman until they were warm, then they were ok.

·
Premium Member
7,305 Posts
PGG said:
These have the look too bad there is almost no info on them. PG
7.5 X 16 is the old size measurement. The size indicates it's about 31 inches tall. The "R" is good. That indicates it's a radial. I never heard of this brand, but the tread pattern is very familiar. It's the same tread for the old Power King pattern which was a popular brand back in the late 60s to late 70s. However that tread was used by several lesser known tire companies and still available. Back in the day, that particular tread pattern was considered to be an aggressive mud tire, until the original TSLs came along. By today's standard it's subpar but it's still popular mostly on vintage 4x4s.

I don't think there are that many tall, skinny off road tires that are not mud tires.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
The old "co-op" tires are mainly intended for farm trucks they never see any speed and are rarely off the farm.

The military 37" tires are not exactly skinny. maybe in a rough comparison if height and width, but they are a big tire. They are roughly the same as the surplus HMMWV tires that can be had for $125 a piece all over the place. Only time and a careful inspection will tell if they are worth the cost.

Here is my Ramcharger on the old style 37" HMMWV tires:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well shoot I was looking at tread width not overall width not much different then many other offerings.
Arg PG

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
Tread width, along with height or diameter, is pretty much the standard for comparing off road tires.  It's odd to see an overall width spec since that will vary horribly depending on the width of the rim.  It's pretty much a useless spec.  Yokahama makes some good tires, but they aren't really one of the common choices for off road tires.  More of a "truck" off road tire than a "hard core" off road tire since they only offer one MT, and then only a couple 35" and 37" sizes and nothing larger.  But they seem to be a good tire for a 50/50 truck.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have these 35x12.5x15 on my 78 Tailduster and love them. I would love 35x10.5x15s in the same tire.
I like them better then my BFG KO2s I have on two trucks.

Great off road tires.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,799 Posts
A friend of mine had them on his Toyota Tacoma and they chunked really bad.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Elwenil said:
A friend of mine had them on his Toyota Tacoma and they chunked really bad.
The Yokahamas?
As in parts ie chunks flew or fell off? I love mine also very quiet for the treat pattern.
I only have about 2000 miles on them so hopefully time will not show this problem.
Thanks PG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.