Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wonding what the 4 hose vacuum connector that goes on the top of my 203 does. I know as much is that it turns the 4wd light in dash on/off. Out of curiosity does it also actuate the CAD?

Pat

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
I think you mean a 208 not a 203. They stopped using the 203 in 1980, I'm pretty sure. The vacuum lines should activate the CAD and operate your 4wd light.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya 208, just me not thinking again. So assuming it wasn't hooked up I'd be stuck in 2x4 the whole time? I'm still not sure how the CAD exactly works.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Pretty much. The CAD will not engage and the axles will not lock together. You can completely remove the vacuum and electrical stuff and lock the CAD in permently. See the FAQs for that. Then just get yourself some manual or auto hubs and no more CAD problems.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks for the info. I wasn't having any problems I just noticed that connection was hanging from my t-case crossmember. When I asked my friend who put the t-case back in for me about it he said that he couldn't find were it went.... This explains why I kept getting stuck and needing FORDs to pull me out... :(

Well that and the 28" Workhorses I have on their right now (suck in mud)

Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts