Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant figure out why i have no fuel///1 ]changed fuel filter 2] changed fuel lines . 3] it will run if you use raw gas. 4 have pressure in tank . 5]] took fuel filter off , gas shot to the front of the rc. 6]replaced the dist. braker . 7] replaced the fuel relay. 8] have fuel to tb. 9[ dont have a fuel gauge..
computer ?regulater? any one have an idea??? ??? ::)qp

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
All I can think of is the ASD (auto shutdown relay)...it's one of the ones on the driver's side inner. I think the 2nd one back? If it's not that, I'd guess the computer;

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek: thats # 7 if the comp. woulr it run on raw gws??

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I think so. I have a bad pump (I believe anyway...) on my '90 & it'll still run if I dump gas down the throttle body.
Not having a fuel gauge makes me think there's a bad wire someplace.....as to where...???

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
If ya have fuel to the TB, that would eliminate everything from there back. What you're calling fuel pump relay is also called ASD relay, just depends on what year yer talkin' 'bout. I would lean toward fuel pressure reg, or no signal going to the injectors via computer. What year, engine? We'll try to walk ya thru testin.

·
7,995 Posts
MudFlap said:
If ya have fuel to the TB, that would eliminate everything from there back. What you're calling fuel pump relay is also called ASD relay, just depends on what year yer talkin' 'bout. I would lean toward fuel pressure reg, or no signal going to the injectors via computer. What year, engine? We'll try to walk ya thru testin.
Mudflap, it could very well be the drivers are fried in the computer and the injectors wont work....also he should check the electrical connections at the injectors as they do corrode. May need to run diagnostics like you said. :)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
need to pull computer fail codes. if you need help with pulling coded, let us know. --sheriff--

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:) :) thanks all it is an 89 so am told the 89 90 & 91 are the only years that are alike in some respects.. have found the center top plug on the dist . coroded ... [[guess alto did the # on a bunch of things] was able to get it to idle on its own yesterday ..for a short time .. will check all of the connections today .. and replace the fuel reg. and all else i can ...i have a bunch of parts ,as i instaled all new parts when i replaced the 360 w/ the 410 thanks again qp

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
::) the injectors are not fireing WHAT ?? quinn

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
rampar410 said:
::) the injectors are not fireing WHAT ?? quinn
computer fail codes ????????

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
??? have mever looked for then, have seen it on the bd but didnt store it quinn

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
rampar410 said:
??? have mever looked for then, have seen it on the bd but didnt store it quinn
ok, a couple things to try. you should hear the fuel pump run for a couple of seconds when you firs turn the ign key to on position (not start position). at the same time the injectors should pick for the priming pulse. have someone listen with the filler cap off for the pump to run. have someone feel the injector caps when you turn the key to on position. you should be able to feel the injectors pick. to access the computer codes you need to turn ign key to on-off-on-off-on positions. in a couple seconds the check eng light on dash should start flashing the codes. each code is made up of a 2 digit number. for example 12-15-22-28-25 ect. each 2 digit number will flash (for example 12) would be 1 flash-short pause-2 flashes followed by a long pause, then 1 flash-short pause five flashes-long pause-2 flashes-short pause-2flashes-long pause ect. when you reach code 55, that is the end of codes. see if you can pull the codes and post them on this site. someone here will be able to decifer them for you. this is the best way to point you in the right direction to fix your prob. hope this helps --sheriff--

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will do it thanks qp ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts