Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have a 78 ramcharger with a 727 and a 203 tcase. I also have an 82 ramcharger, with a 208 tcase. The 82 has a blown tranny but good tcase. What i want to do is, take both 727 tranny's out and switch the tcases. Will i be able to unbolt each tcase. and switch them. I want to take the 78 tranny and put the 82 tcase on to it. Will that work? what do i have to do? Thanks ahead of time. Also, can i put the engine 727and 203 into the 82? I doesnt have lockouts. Also, are the UJOINTS the same? Thanks

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
the tailshaft and adapter will need to be swapped along with the case, but other than that, it should all be bolt in.

Duane

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have to take anything apart in the tranny right? like, the spline or anything? so just swap the parts from the tranny's and i should be all set then? Does anyone else have any input. Thanks CLRracer

·
Registered
29,686 Posts
you hafta completely disassemble both trannys to change the tail shafts / besides l would leave the 208 in there its a much better T-case for the 82 / its way better than that 400 LBs full-time boat ancker 203 / reverse engineering is never anygood

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do i tear the tranny apart to switch the tailshaft?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm, not sure what im going to do yet. thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts