Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
88 RC. My drivers seat is starting to show some wear on the doorside edge where I slide out. I want to switch the seats, just the upholstered part. This would give me virgin edges on each seat where you slide in and out of the RC. Is it possible to do that since those edges are now against the center console and have never been sat on.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
You mean switch the passenger seat and the drivers seat? I'm sure it could be done, I think it would be easier to find new seats though.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
Dodge 85 RC said:
You mean switch the passenger seat and the drivers seat? I'm sure it could be done, I think it would be easier to find new seats though.
i beleive this is exactly what he means, as far as switching them, i beleive all you have to do is swap over the rails on then and bolt em back in

eric

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, just switch drivers to pass side. Drivers is adjustable, pass is not, it tilts forwasd.

·
Premium Member
17,219 Posts
MoparDave said:
Drivers is adjustable, pass is not, it tilts forwasd.
this is why you need to switch rails, so drivers side stays adjustable and passenger side is fixed. not a difficult thing to do, an hour or so of your time

eric

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
i think that the the seat bolts that bolt to the respective bases are the same pattern and stuff so couldnt you just swap that part. and as far as the arm rests go you could either take them off completely, make new mounting points or just swap the seat backs back to the original sides of the truck. at that point you pretty much only swapped the part your ass goes on and everything else is the same.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
10-4 and Roger. Thanks. I am going to do it to prolong the life of the stock fabric. Wonder if, since they are still ib good shape since 1988, can I expect them to last until 2020 after I switch them (HA HA)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it was a good idea but it didn't work. The bolts/studs in the pass seat were pressed in to the steel frame and I cud not get them out easily probably w/o doing harm to something so I put them back in as there were.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts