Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some of you may remember my 89 Ramcharger has always had a small miss and a random pop in the exhaust. Well the exhaust smells kinda sweet also.  No white smoke though.
Hopefully this week I will pull off the intake manifold.  I hope there is coolant leaking into a cylinder through the manifold gasket.

If not I will pull the heads off also.

Any Ideas or thought?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
A cylinder leakdown test would also tell you alot!

·
Registered
22,087 Posts
Take a wiff of the coolant in the radiator, Korax.  If it smells like combustion and you see bubbles...  ;D 

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PowerWagonPete said:
Take a wiff of the coolant in the radiator, Korax. If it smells like combustion and you see bubbles... ;D
There are no bubbles. And I knew to look for that learned that trick a long time ago. Plus my friends Honda Civic was doing this. We did the headgasket this morning on it. 7 hours start to finish. Just a few bolts gave us problems.

Thats why I am leaning towards the intake manifold gasket is leaking.

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Keep in mind to do the bubble trick you have to have the coolant full up top the radiator neck.  Otherwise the bubbles come out and pop in the tank where you can't see them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.