Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we've got a 77 ramcharger with a 440, 727 trans and a 203 t-case. there is a parts truck for sale(78') in the area that has the same drivetrain, except its a 360 small block.

will everything swap over to our 77? we are thinking of swapping out everthing but the 360. will the tranny fit the big block. i think it will but my uncle isnt sure.

i was also wondering where i can get a polyurethane bushing kit for this truck. the spring eye bushings are worn out and i'd like to replace them all with poly. thanks

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
why do you want to swap the drive train? the transmission will not swap to the big block, although the are both 727s. the 203 will swap, and the axles are bolt in.

Duane

·
Registered
551 Posts
The motor mounts will also be differant. The poly bushings I bought for my truck where for a small diameter spring eye and wouldnt work on my springs. I went to a spring shop and they pressed in new ones for me. They only charged me for the bushing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CLRracer said:
why do you want to swap the drive train? the transmission will not swap to the big block, although the are both 727s. the 203 will swap, and the axles are bolt in.

Duane
his tranny is showing metal flakes in the pan, both axles need rebuilding, and it would be nice to have a spare TC and driveshafts.

thats a bummer about the trans. too bad dodge doesnt design things better like chevy (just kidding) ;D

what about a bushing kit? his spring eye bushings are toast. does anyone have a source for poly bushings for this truck?

·
Premium Member
7,258 Posts
Jonny-K5 said:
his tranny is showing metal flakes in the pan, both axles need rebuilding, and it would be nice to have a spare TC and driveshafts.

thats a bummer about the trans. too bad dodge doesnt design things better like chevy (just kidding) ;D
Actually they do design things better, thats why you could get the RC with a 440 while you couldn't get the 454 in a Blazer ;D
Although the 360s tranny won't physically fit the 440, both are 727s and this means the guts are swappable. However if both the tranny and axles need rebuilding, why waste time installing 26 yr old parts that likley need rebuilding too? Do it right and rebuild both with all new parts.

what about a bushing kit? his spring eye bushings are toast. does anyone have a source for poly bushings for this truck?
The bushings are not unique, they are common sizes and available thru many suspension companies.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.