Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking and thinking and I got a few questions. On the full time 4wds I personally like it while others hate it but oh well. The only thing I have against the full time set-up is the bearings being so close together so when you run bigger tires and play in the mud you roast bearings rather quickly. What I was wondering is there anyway that I could take the spindles,hubs and rear axles from a 81-84 truck and put on a full time setup? Would it still work? I'm looking mostly to where I can run a bigger tire and play in the mud without the bearings wearing out so quick. I know the rear axles is just a slip in and out deal moreless and it shouldn't be that big of a deal to swap the front spindles and hubs but would it still work? Thanks

Jimmy

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
u can swap the whole axle, that would be easier. u would just have to leave the hubs locked all the time.

Duane

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
You could always swap out the unit hubs for regular Dana 44 hubs and then install a full time drive gear instead of a lock out hub.

Ed

G

·
RXT said:
You could always swap out the unit hubs for regular Dana 44 hubs and then install a full time drive gear instead of a lock out hub.

Ed
That is how my brothers 79 is set up. Look around there are 2 different drive flanges. one is about 1/2" thick and the other is 1" thick both will work I think the thicker one is stronger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts