Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the general section but was told to post it here. What kind of suspension systems are you guys using? Leafs on all four wheels or springs and shocks? I don't want to go broke but figure on spending around 2.000 give or take. Let me know what kind of vehicle you're driving, I'm looking to get a Ramcharger. Thanks for the input.

·
29,516 Posts
You still need shocks with leaf springs.

Since this is a old Dodge truck oriented board, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the vast, repeat VAST majority of members have leaves front and rear. The 94+ owners obviously have coils in front, leaves in the rear.

It's hard to tell from your post, but it appears like you are under the impression that you could go out and buy a bolt on coil kit for a RamCharger, you can't, you'd have to fab it all up yourself.

·
Premium Member
13,528 Posts
most in here are used to some modifications/upgrades to their leaf spring setups especially when leaf spring replacments for their stock Dodge setups are necessary.  Converting over to the longer leaf Chevy leaf springs is pretty common.  Replacing all 4 corners including the mods will likely be under $1k, plus you'll have a better ride, same load carrying capacity. 

You can surely replace the Dodge front leafs with new Dodge leafs, and convert the rear to Chevy springs - that's probably the most common upgrade.

- Sam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts