Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Merry Christmas! I've got a couple quick questions. I'm looking at grabbing some fresh polyurethane suspension bushings. I'm seeing two different sizes that both say they fit. One is a Daystar 1.25" ID spring eye, the other is a Prothane 1" ID spring eye. Which of these is correct? The larger says it fits the front and the smaller says it fits the rear, but that just doesn't sound right to me. Are the spring eyes on the front larger than those on the rear?

Secondly, what size do I need for the front end, on the shackle bushing in the frame?

Thanks folks! Safe travels this holiday season!

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
well it depends on weather you have a LD [light duty] or HD [heavy duty] springs , this applies to 1/2 - 3/4 and 1 ton trucks as to what spring bushings you have [ or need ] - also the spring bolt size can be different // but most 1/2 tons take the smaller bushings but thats NOT carved in stone because someone could have changed the springs in the last 30 years

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, good knowledge. My truck does indeed have the factory springs, and I'm pretty sure they would be the lighter duty version, so I'll go with the 1" diameter bushings.

Does anyone know the diameter needed for the frame side of the shackle on the front end of the truck?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.