Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You should consider removing the supporter posting section as it has not been used in years and gives the false impression you get access to something great if you become an annual or life time member. 

·
Super Moderator
59,451 Posts
Its not taking anything away from the rest of the site.  If its not hurting anything why give up something we paid for? Without going and looking, I can think of several other sections that likely meet the same criteria, should they go also?

Ok, I went and checked, the ones I was thinking of are about the same, last post about 1&1/2 years ago. I'm sure many of the state chapters are several years old, but I still see no need to axe them.

·
Super Moderator
59,451 Posts
I guess we will just have to disagree. Even if its not used much, I hate the idea of giving up something I paid for. I'm sorry I spent the money for a lifetime membership, just to sit back, and watch the forum get sold for a tidy sum.

·
Super Moderator
30,004 Posts
Merging whole forums would make for a nightmare in future searches for information.  Once the forum is setup and laid out, it can be added to but taking things away has vast consequences with broken links and missing information.  Similarly, merging forums would also break links and lead to a lot of dead ends in searching.  We have enough issues with that sort of thing so I would not want to cause any more.

As for the supporter section, that still applies as there are still a number of members who paid for lifetime memberships.  I don't think anyone has recently done anything about it and I seriously doubt that Vertical Scope even has the stuff in place to accept money and grant new privileges like Sam had it set up, but since the privileges and the members entitled to them still exist, the forum still exists.

200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the issue (not a bad issue) is that everyone wants to be sure to share their knowledge, experience, etc.... with everyone.  Which is why nothing is being posted in the supporter section. 

Again, not an issue but just throwing the idea out consolidating  some of the groups to tidy up the main screen. 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts