Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.orvpark.com/index.php
Rules & Regulations
Everyone rides at their own risk. Know your limitations and do not exceed the capabilities of your vehicle.
No alcoholic beverages or mind-altering substances, which may impair a person's judgment are allowed in the trail riding area.
No one is allowed to possess any dangerous or controlled substances including, but not limited to firearms and explosives within the park.
Litter laws are strictly enforced. Place litter in an appropriate trash receptacle or "Pack It In, Pack It Out."
"Tread Lightly." Ride only on established trails. Do not venture in to the woods or on to other property not owned by the park.
Do not remove or destroy trees, shrubs, plants or animals. We want them to remain for everyone to enjoy. Tree straps must always be used.
No hunting is allowed in the park.
No open fires are allowed in the park. Campsite fires must be kept inside the designated fire rings. Fire rings are not to be moved. Do not burn metal or glass in the fire rings. Firewood is available at the front office at a charge of $8 per wheelbarrow load.
Off-Road Vehicles (ORVs) are to be operated from 9 am to sunset only.
Excessive speed and reckless driving is not permitted. Please follow posted speed limit signs.
All Off-Road Vehicles (ORVs) must have a functioning spark arrestors and mufflers.
All operators of Off-Road Vehicles must have a valid driver's license. These will be checked and left at the check-in/check-out desk in the front office until you exit the park.
All Off-Road Vehicle drivers and riders should follow the manufacture's safe operating procedures. Please be sure that your ORV has the appropriate equipment needed to operate on the rough terrain in the park.
No person under the age of 18 may operate an SUV within the park.
All SUVs must have a valid vehicle registration, inspection (if required by their state of origin), license plates and liability insurance.
Passengers are allowed in SUVs, but must sign a Release and Waiver of Liability Form, and must also wear their seat belt at all times while in the vehicle.
All SUVs must have a fully enclosed metal cab and / or roll bar protection, functioning safety belts, working four wheel drive systems, frame mounted (not welded) tow hooks that are appropriately rated for the vehicle's weight for recovery purposes, and must be in good and safe mechanical operating condition.
Those under the age of 18 must have a waiver consent signed by a parent or legal guardian in the presence of a park staff member. Parent / legal guardian must closely supervise minors.
All ATV and Motorcycle drivers are required to wear DOT-approved safety helmet, protective gear including, but not limited to those items listed by the manufacturer and the ATV Safety Institute are strongly recommended.
Passengers are not allowed on ATVs or motorcycles.
Be courteous of other drivers and Park Employees on and off the trails.
Failure to comply with the above rules, regulations and safe operating procedures can result in your being temporarily or permanently banned from using the park or participating in any future park activity or event. No refund of any monies will be given.
The park is neither liable or responsible for damage, loss, or theft of personal property or injury to visitors.
All riders must follow the age restrictions set by the government for ATV's.
Engine Size Age Level
Under 70cc 6 and older
70 - 90cc 12 and older
Over 90cc 16 and older

General Information
About Superlift Suspension Systems, Inc.
Superlift's owner is one of the larger original Park investors, hence the Park's name. Superlift, located in West Monroe, Louisiana, manufactures suspension lift systems and components for mostly 4WD trucks and SUVs. Formed in 1975, Superlift continues to be a pioneer in the industry. Superlift remains one of the few suspension companies that is owned and operated by actual off-road enthusiasts. Go to www.superlift.com for more information. Also, be sure to watch Superlift's Off-Road Adventure TV show on the Outdoor Channel; quite a bit of action is filmed at the Park.

Park History
Hot Springs has been a favorite destination of off-roaders for more than two decades. The off-roading began in the late 1970s with enthusiasts 'wheeling on a multitude of logging roads and power line right-of-ways. Over the years this unofficial "trail system" grew into an impressive array of trails. Incredible off-roading on private land that was not posted - it was great while it lasted. In 1999, the landowners closed access to the area and put the property up for sale.

In 2001, a group of off-road enthusiasts and conservationists led an effort to purchase the property with the intent of keeping the trails open and preserving the land's natural beauty. Ultimately, a group of twelve people pooled their resources and purchased the 1254 wooded acres that forms the Superlift Off Road Vehicle (ORV) Park - Hot Springs. This acreage contains the majority of the original trail system, including famous fear invoking obstacles like Concrete Hill, Quicksand Hill and The Ravine. New trails and obstacles, with varying degrees of difficulty, are continuously being built on every terrain type imaginable - hill climbs (both "finesse" and "horsepower required" types), mud pits, rock gardens, water crossings, you name it. All trails are mapped and posted with difficulty ratings for the various vehicle types, so you will always know your location in the Park, and what to expect terrain-wise.

Park Features
1254 acres containing miles of mapped and difficulty rated trails for 4WD vehicles, buggies, ATVs and motorcycles
"Kids-Only" ATV / motorcycle riding area
On-site RV and tent camping
Clean, modern restrooms and showers
Laundry room
Park store
Group rates and event planning assistance
Official Training Site for the ATV Safety Institute

NEW for 2004!
Initial construction of our Super-Kids "children only" ride area will be complete by mid-2004. This separate area is specifically for children up to 12-years old riding non-race type ATVs and dirt bikes. Ample parking allows you to off-load onsite, then oversee your child while they learn and enjoy themselves in a safer, less congested riding environment.

On-Site Camping and the Park Store
We offer both tent and RV campsites nestled in beautiful shaded hardwoods, clean and modern restrooms with showers, and a laundry room. The Park store carries most anything you may need plus plenty of Superlift and Park apparel.

Other Hot Springs area attractions
When you go wheeling, does the rest of the family complain about how it's obviously your world and they are just living in it? Well, considering everything else the area has to offer, convincing the gang to buy into trip to Hot Springs will be a snap! Allow time to check out the Hot Springs National Park, with campsites galore and miles of hiking trails. There are also numerous beautiful lakes that offer boating, fishing, and all types of water sports. For landlubbers there is golf and horseback riding. Other popular area attractions include the Oaklawn Thoroughbred Horse Racing Track, the Belle of Hot Springs Riverboat on Lake Hamilton, Magic Springs / Crystal Falls Amusement and Water Park, the Music Mountain Jamboree Theater, World Famous Bath House Row, and a number of health spas and art galleries.

Trail Ratings
All trail entrances are mapped and difficulty rated for each vehicle type (4WD vehicle, ATV, motorcycle). A trail map is included with park admission. Although subjective - what is a level 4 to a novice off-roader can be like a jaunt to Wal-Mart™ for a veteran - the scale is a pretty good indicator of the driving skill level and equipment needed in order to enjoy yourself on the trail. Level 1 trails are considered to be the easiest; level 5 trails are the most difficult.
Trail ratings listed below are for SUV's / 4x4's. Experience and skill is the deciding factor for what level trail you choose. The more diamonds, the more difficult the terrain.

This level is for the novice off-roader. 4 Wheel dive will be needed occasionally for a few "tough" spots. Bring a camera and the family. At this level everyone can relax and enjoy the ride.
For the little more experienced 'wheeler. 4 wheel drive will be needed a lot. Stock vehicles with stock tires are OK. Still an enjoyable ride, and a great way to climb into the 4x4 sport!
Action-packed and challenging, for moderately experienced 'wheelers. 32"+ aggressive treads are needed, rear locking differentials are recommended. Level 3 requires more concentration than levels 1 and 2.
High-intensity, adrenaline-pumping fun! For experienced wheelers only! 33"+ tires and front/rear lockers are a must. A winch and tree strap is recommended. These trails require a co-driver / spotter and heavy concentration.
This is the real deal for experienced off-roaders! Nobody gets on a Level 5 trail without being locked front and rear. Your must have a winch and tree straps, 36" or taller rubber, and little regard for your rig's body panels. You can expect cosmetic and mechanical damage on some of these trails. These trails require a co-driver / spotter and your undivided attention. Bring a camera and a clean change of underwear.

Equipment Guide
Required Recommended
Functional seat belts for all occupants (must be worn at all times)
Open-top vehicles must have a functional roll bar
Tow hooks (no welded-on tow hooks)
Spare tire and jack
Tree trunk protector
Helmet for ATV / motorcycle rider

Recommended

CB radio
Fire extinguisher
First aid kit
Insect repellant (seasonal)
Camera
A trail buddy in another vehicle

·
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fees & Memberships *
Individual Gold Membership
$250 Annual Fee
No daily fees!

Family Gold Membership
$350 Annual Fee
No daily fees!

The advantage of the Family membership is that if you, your spouse, and two kids have SUVs / ATVs / dirt bikes then you don't need four memberships to cover everyone. Applies to immediate family only. Individual Premier Membership
$40 Annual Fee
$10 per visit (SUV)
$5 per visit (ATV / dirt bike)

Family Premier Membership
$60 Annual Fee
$10 per visit (SUV)
$5 per visit (ATV / dirt bike)

The advantage of the Family membership is that if you, your spouse, and two kids have SUVs / ATVs / dirt bikes then you don't need four memberships to cover everyone. Applies to immediate family only. Non-member Fees
$25 per visit (SUV)
$10 per visit (ATV / dirt bike)

On-Site Camping
$20 per night for RV Camping. Includes electricity and water hookups.
$5 per night for tent camping.

Special Pricing
Group discounts are available. Call park manager Donnie Felgate at 501-625-3600 to plan your special event.

Helmet Rental
Helmets are required to operate ATVs and motorcycles. Open-face helmets are available for rent for $5 per day.

* Additional fees may apply for special events. See event schedule for more information.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
good stuff Eric.

Duane

·
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CLRracer said:
good stuff Eric.

Duane
I just hope this helps out on decideing where next years ramjam will be. Sam , Jamie, and Roxy put alot of work into it this year. I think we should all start putting some in to ramjam to lessen the work load on them. So once we get a certain place for ramjam we all can help get ready for so it doesn't all lay on sam and jamie. So anything i can do to help just give me a hollar.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Just from the info from their website, looks like we are out of next years... IF we went, we could only ride with somebody... But, with the hours you can wheel, you could get some sleep..LOL

·
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RCC_SaMiaM said:
What do you mean only ride with somebody? Where did you see that?
I think he's saying that there isn't to much for his rig. I might be wroung. I really don't care where we have it my only concern is what tow vechile i have for the next ramjam. The chevy did ok for this years, but my service engine light is on and i had alot of angry people passing me on the road because i was limited to 50- 60 mph.

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
If your truck isn't street legal you are up the creek. No way I could take mine, or you either Sam. A bunch of others couldn't go for other park rules violations as well. Limited as to when and where we can wheel. A long list of must have's. :mad:

·
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah i forgot about being street legal. yeah im up that creek. there is no way mine is street legal or can drive on any pavement of any kind ;D

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
My thing is the fees, what was the park fees this year? What kind of (ballpark) figure are we looking @ for this park?

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
All my truck needs is registration sticker to be street legal. And replace the broken lights, which I have but won't put on since I would break those too :) But I agree, it shouldn't have to be street legal to wheel.

This years Ram Jam was 50 bucks to wheel for 4 days which included camping, water and electric hookups if you reserved the spot. Really it is only 35, but the extra 15 was to help cover tshirts and port a potty rentals, etc.

·
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i guess ill try and get some info from the park it self . Ill e-mail them on certain questions i got and post ther replys. Anyone want any certain question answered before i e-mail them. ill do it later tonight or tomorrow. I know its kinda early to start thinking of next years ramjam. but i figure we can get as much info as we can now, that way were not in hurry when the time comes or if we have to change location.

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
my rig is not street legal and by then it will have straight pipes, my vote is for Shiloh Ridge or some place central, but if it is at Superlift I will be there evan if I am unable to wheel

·
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SWAMPTHING 360 said:
my rig is not street legal and by then it will have straight pipes, my vote is for Shiloh Ridge or some place central, but if it is at Superlift I will be there evan if I am unable to wheel
Yeah Mike, thats one of my concerns that i have. my truck is not street legal and i don't plan on putting the money in to to make it street legal. Also i know some of yall run strait pipe, which i don't see as a problem but the park does. Ill be sure to add that in e-mail. i want to make sure just like this year that everyone who want to wheel can. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Good job Eric,it looks like you have answered the major issues.I wonder how strick
they are on "STREET LEGAL" .My truck is tagged & inspected ,but @ the mufflers maybe drop some pine cones down the stacks.whatever it takes.

·
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mad dog said:
Good job Eric,it looks like you have answered the major issues.I wonder how strick
they are on "STREET LEGAL" .My truck is tagged & inspected ,but @ the mufflers maybe drop some pine cones down the stacks.whatever it takes.
LMFAO Pine cones there you go ;D Seeing how bad ass RamJam was this year i want to have just as much fun or more next year. So this being said we must have the Texas crew there ;D

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
also might check on wheeling after sunset and about leaving drivers licence at the desk, if they keep them when they shut down and were camping hard to drive to town with no DL

1 - 20 of 161 Posts