Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I finally got the funding to pick up my Ramcharger and I plan on lifting it to fit 35x12.5 tires under it. I don't have a lot of time to fab parts so an off the shelf lift will go in for now.
I am looking for opinions on both lifts from people that have them. I want the systems with new rear springs. I will later put in a shackle flip, but don't really have the time right now. Is one really any better than the other and why? The Superlift seems like a better deal since it comes with the needed steering correction and is still $71 less. I will need springs, shocks, steering correction and brake lines. I know I have to modify my cv joint to fit. Anything that I might be forgetting?

I also noticed on Skyjackers site that they say you can put a 35x12.5 on a Dodge using a 4" lift. Does anyone have a setup like this? If I could do that I would save some $$ since I already have shocks for a 4" lift on my broke W100. For this route I would most likely use Shaggy's shackle flip and Skyjacker front springs.

·
5,684 Posts
Go with the Tuff country 4 inch lift. Yes some clear 35's with 4 inchs and some with 6. it all depends. mabe a little fender triming. I would to a 4 inch lift and if the y rub throw a 2 inch or 3 body lift on there. Cheap and easy. also if your run the 4 inch lift you can do the RCC hangers and shackles in fron and shackles flip in the rear to get 8 inchs. I clear 36" hummer tires with a 4 inch RCC hanger and shackle lift in the front. Thats it. Also it depends what tires you run. 35 inch BF goodrich all terrian won't hit your fenders like a 35 super swamper. Allso depends on with of tires 9.50 10.50. 11.50 1250. There is a sticky post at the top of this board. This will help you alot.

WHAT TIRE/LIFT COMBO DO YOU USE? EVERYONE RESPOND! « 1 2 »

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was pretty sure that I could I could clear my tires with the mentioned lifts. I was more wandering about quality of components, ride quality and how long stuff lasts. If the cheaper lift sags sooner, it is no longer cheaper. The RC currently clears 32x11.5 tires with no lift at all.

·
5,684 Posts
cdrlmr said:
I was pretty sure that I could I could clear my tires with the mentioned lifts. I was more wandering about quality of components, ride quality and how long stuff lasts. If the cheaper lift sags sooner, it is no longer cheaper. The RC currently clears 32x11.5 tires with no lift at all.
i would go tuffy Country, Outlaw, worte a product review on it and howto on it. Seem to be a good kit. and he hasn't had any problems

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well from what I have read, heard and the info I got from Robin at Rocky Mountain, I decided on the 4" Skyjacker system. I already have Rancho RSX shocks for this application so it kept costs down a bit. And if I can't quite fit the 35s, I can trim a bit or shackle flip and RCC hangers. 8)

·
Registered
95 Posts
i have the 5 inch superlift and like it, i clear 13x36x16 swamper TSL's after trimming the rear of the front fender about 1 inch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts