Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they worth a damn? I'm looking into getting some 36" to 38" tires for my TD and I noticed that these tires are fairly cheap for their size. It'll be mainly mud snow and sand that i'll be playing in.

I'm also considering TSL's and Boggers. Are there any other aggressive tires that y'all might recommend?

Also, my TD has 35's right now with plenty of room (i think it has a 4" lift) would 38's fit with fender trimming or is that too much tire for a 4" lift and trimming?

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Way too much for a 4 inch lift. Mickey thompson has tires in that range of sizes as well. The iroks are fairly good, mostly known however for their biggest version the 49''. From what I"ve heard about them they are mostly for the rocks.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I know you can fit 36's w/ a 6" lift and minor rubbing. I've got 35's and a 4" lift w/ trimmed fenders.
-Steve C.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
The last version of my small truck had around 4" and trimming with 39.5's. My trimming was about a 6" radius around the wheelwell. Worked ok offroad but may not look too good for the street. It's in the trucks section.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kyot said:
The last version of my small truck had around 4" and trimming with 39.5's. My trimming was about a 6" radius around the wheelwell. Worked ok offroad but may not look too good for the street. It's in the trucks section.
i saw where you also had a body lift on it, i have no such thing.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
you probably could trim the fenders enough to clear 38s, but there probably wouldnt be much fender left. the only problem with 38s on your TD is that 38s and dana 44s dont get along very well, especially if you come to uwharrie with us and drive like some other chapter members........... anyway, ive heard nothing bad about the iroks, but most of the people i know with them play in the rocks. oh yeah, your pics only show up as red x's.

Duane

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
I dunno, if you go with a bit more off set in the back you should be fine with some trimming. Up front you might rub if you turn when you are flexed, but I don't know how much. I cut my rear wheelwells back to the first body line around the wheel well and got plenty of room. Didn't have the rust up front so I never got around to cutting them. ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts