Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these are my plans to be done by the end of the summer..

new poly body bushings (on shelf)
2.5" rancho lift (on shelf)
1 ton brake booster and master cylinder (so i can put my nice valve covers on)
33x12.50's not sure on the brand yet, leaning towards Goodyear MTR's threw some 31" mudders on there for now
new power steering pump flushed it out real good, works great now, i'll replace it when i cant turn anymore
functioning a/c system
high amp alternator
carpet
seats (mastercraft maybe?) scored a set of tan leather seats out of a 93 Mazda RX-7 Touring, they are SWEET
weather stripping
power windows/door locks
keyless entry alarm with remote start (might not be possible until the EFI comes)
paint for engine compartment
and all new gaugues for inside
put hard top on
what are the summer plans for your rig?
-Nick

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
My plans ? Um, keep it running?
Mike

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sure why not, that reminds me...i wanna get my truck professionaly detailed sometime this summer too if i can afford it.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Fuel injection, head swap, manifold swap, A518/241 install, air conditioning. For Mojo (the diesel), an NV4500 swap.
Done.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what kinda heads are you gonna swap on there? the 308's from the 90 motor? Finally the hidden power from the ramus will be unleashed ;D ...but how will you handle the added mileage with the overdrive?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Swap out my R-12 for R-134, get a new a/c condensor, fix the passenger side seat (it won't latch to the floor), headers, shift kit, Jet Chip, new springs for the rear, new valve covers, and get it waxed to help with the oxidation.

And with the Grace of God maybe one day I can swap in a new engine. ;D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my list gets bigger...

install and wire up custom overhead console
make new headliner and get new door panels

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well...i got my body bushings and a few cans of penetraiting oil, i'm gonna soak all the body, ubolts, and leaf spring bolts for a few weeks...hopefully that'll let everything break loose pretty easily

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
AZ-Trailduster said:
what kinda heads are you gonna swap on there? the 308's from the 90 motor? Finally the hidden power from the ramus will be unleashed ;D ...but how will you handle the added mileage with the overdrive?
Yeah, the 90 heads. I assume they are 308s. I will also be enjoying the 2.72:1 ratio NP241, as opposed to the 2:1 NP203, not to mention the 100 lbs less weight.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
a real truck? sounds cool...where do i get one?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Replace transmition redo the lift correctly install interior "missing completely" rewire replace axels or outers dana 44 with 6 lug gm pattern get both axels to a 5 on 5 1/2 pattern ect. the truck is a basket case missing some of the baskets. but for $500 to get a RC with a 440 couldnt pass it up

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sweet, sounds like a pretty good project....one thing you can do with your axles is swap everything from the knuckles out to a 8 lug pattern on the front dana 44 and then throw a dana 60 or a 14 bolt in the rear and have a little extra beef underneath.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
last thing i need right now is another axle in my garage, i'll pass for now

thanks for keeping an eye out though ryan

·
Registered
537 Posts
Dust has settled. Moved into Tempe from Snottsdale.
14" x 3" K and N air filter --completed
SS door jamb plates all four -- completed
New AC vacuum switch install in dash -- completed
Replace two leaking Rancho 5000 shocks -- completed
Replace mechanical fuel pump on engine (gasket leaking) --completed
Change ALL fluids to synthetic --completed
Win lottery --- still trying
drivers side engine mount replacement tomorrow
Passenger side exhaust hanger replacement -- completed
Install new Percy header collector gaskets soon
Install new hi torque starter in shed, soon
Purchase and install SS roller rocker arms on BB drool, ??
Get that dang factory 34 gallon gas tank with accesories out of truck Someone come and give me $30, it is yours.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well my engine swap has just been bumped up from sometime this fall to sometime this month. Since my oil pump went out my engine took some punishment and now a complete overhaul is due or just install a new engine as was my original intent all along. I just need to start getting everything inorder for this project.

I'm still uncertain about what parts I'll need for this Magnum swap to work so if anybody has any input or info I would greatly appreciate your help.

When I found out that I needed a new engine sooner rather than later I almost bought a 1990 Chevy Blazer. :-\ I was so upset with everything that I was just about ready to give up and start over with something that seemed to be a lot easier to find parts for, especially after market performance stuff. Well needless to say I didn't buy it, but was very close. I'll just fix up my RC and move on. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts