Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A rare moment...the Power Wagon with no mud on it!

 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,951 Posts
come on' give us the specifics!! i have a silver macho in a
local JY. too bad.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a very old pic of my truck when it was still shiny.
I was asked to post pics of the truck in my profile pic and this was a good one.
This truck is slowly going to the jy now as I am building a RC with the Power Wagon running gear.
Specifics: Big Block (383 now, 440 on engine stand for future)
NP435 four-speed
NP203 TC
Dana 60 up front
GM 14 bolt Detroit Locker out back
39.5 Super Swamper tires
I can't wait to get the RC done, but I'm really gonna miss this truck. :\'(
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
3,951 Posts
if that's a factory macho. i might be willing to take the carcass of your hands when your finished.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a more recent photo of the Power Wagon.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Ohhhhhhhh, shit. I think that is more painful than Sam's current pic of his r/c.

Randall
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
oops!! ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,397 Posts
stupiddodge said:
Here's a more recent photo of the Power Wagon.

wow . :eek:. i thought my truck was in bad shape!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
883 Posts
I.....I...umm.....well, there's just no words to describe how sad that last pic makes me feel...almost like putting your favorite dog down.....excuse me while I wipe away these tears..sniff, sniff.. :\'(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,795 Posts
Do you have more pics of your Power Wagon in it's former glory? How about the RC?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
824 Posts
my only question is WHY
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
whlnwgn said:
Do you have more pics of your Power Wagon in it's former glory? How about the RC?
LOL! I have three or four photo albums of that truck. I owned it since 1985! Fourwheeled it everywhere from NY to Ohio to Virginia. I'll see about posting some, but they're not digital so I'll have to get help. RC pics are coming.

devildodge said:
my only question is WHY
All I can say is 16 years of fourwheeling took it's toll. Broken frame and rotted out sheetmetal and almost none of the stock running gear left (original NP435 still going strong!). I had no idea Machos were valuable until I found RCC which was after I bought my RC and stripped the PW. Coolest truck I ever owned, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
824 Posts
that is the one and only thing that sucks about these old dodges. They were bought to be trucks and were used and abused. No one really cared to see what they were worth like the muscle cars. I think I may have a macho that was used and abused. Got beat, then fixed and lifted and stuff, beat, lowered back to stock, rusted out and now I got to see if it is worth fixing or it will end like yours also. Figured it had to be worn out to do that too. Last year at carlisle I heard some people with more money than brains saying that the macho's and sportsman vans are going to worth more than the cars in the next few years. definately post more pics if you can.

THAT TRUCK WAS AWESOME THOUGH

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,795 Posts
stupiddodge said:
whlnwgn said:
Do you have more pics of your Power Wagon in it's former glory? How about the RC?
LOL! I have three or four photo albums of that truck. I owned it since 1985! Fourwheeled it everywhere from NY to Ohio to Virginia. I'll see about posting some, but they're not digital so I'll have to get help. RC pics are coming.

devildodge said:
my only question is WHY
All I can say is 16 years of fourwheeling took it's toll. Broken frame and rotted out sheetmetal and almost none of the stock running gear left (original NP435 still going strong!). I had no idea Machos were valuable until I found RCC which was after I bought my RC and stripped the PW. Coolest truck I ever owned, though.
Wow, you owned that truck since before I was born. What motor did it originally have?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,484 Posts
Do you still have the rements of the power wagon?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
whlnwgn said:
Wow, you owned that truck since before I was born. What motor did it originally have?
It was originally a 318, NP435, NP203. After the 318 I had a 383, then a 440, then another 383.

RAMMAN4 said:
Do you still have the rements of the power wagon?
All the running gear went into my RC. The only other thing left is the factory rollbar which is going on PowerWagonPete's Macho restoration project.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,484 Posts
Damn, I was hoping to get the roofline and hood if you still had them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why would you want a hood from Pennsylvania? There's no hoods in Texas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,484 Posts
There are not a whole lot of 70s dodge trucks around here in the JYs. I can find lots of 81-93 hoods, but I wanna keep it original looking.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top