Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The passenger side door on my 93 dakota is stuck closed.I was gonna try opening both door handles and lifting up/jiggling the door to get it open.If that doesn't work what are some other things to try?It doesn't look like I can take off the door panel without the door open because it tucks behind the dash.I think the locking mechanism is tweaked because it did this once before when a shop locked it,and then I accidentally hit the lock button while fumbling for the power window switch..

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
aint it a bitch = been dealing with this problem for 40 years / inside the "latch" there is a free float pivot between the lock linkage and the open linkage that sticks in the middle [ stays locked and door wont open]

OPTIONS : whole can of PB sprayed in at latch and pull lock button up an down like a crazy man while pulling repeatedly on door handle /// rip door panel off [ they come off but they dont go back on after] /// hole saw outside door sheet metal near latch /// Sawzall in thru edge of door and cut striker pin // dont open door for 20 years

just so you know l,ve done ALL of the above on several dodge-jeep vehicles over the years , the right door on my 85 Crew aint opened in 20 years

·
Registered
13,500 Posts
at least some one answered ya .... yeah NO good way , sometimes you can get lucky a slide hammer sheetmetal screw deal will pull the outter door lock out of its c clip , then you can fiddle from that little hole there . buy a replacement inner door pannel , then rip off the old one ? best wishes ...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it to open fairy easily with a little bit of jiggling.I hit the lock/unlock button multiple times, pulled up on the door lock stick while I tried the outside door handle and it opened.I need to bring the truck inside to remove the door panels and fix it permanently.I've been dealing with the flu so right now nothings gotten done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.