Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i don't have the heads or crank that i thought I did, I think its probably in my best intrests to stroke it. ;D Anything you guys would recommend? I don't know where to look since i have a .40 bore.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i've got 5-6 grand to rebuild my truck so i should be good.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
What is it you are loooking to do? instead of making a new post about not having the heads he said he had and the crank he said he had on the motor tell us what it is you are displeased with about this motor what he said it was supposed to be in total detail and then maybe, just maybe we can get somewhere.
This new tidbit of info everyday in a new post is like playing with a puzzle that is missing alot of key pieces.

Strokers is all i build, if that's what you want you will be much happier than building a regular motor with the factory dimensions, expect about $2200 on a balanced spinning assembly, not including machine work, assembly, cam, heads, intake, carb, headers, gaskets.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what it is supposed to have: bored .030, mopar w2 performance heads, kiethblack flat top racing pistons, steel racing crank, mopar performance purple cam, edlebrock intake and a holley 600. In reality it has those stock heads, a .40 bore(no idea what pistons it has), a stock cast crank, a dead cam (lobes are worn almost completeley off), and the edelbrock intake and the holley. I definetly want to do somthing to it to get more power but I have no idea what, I'm thinking i want to keep the heads I have and also that I want a mopar performance cam ( no idea on which i need though). So yeah I could really use some help right now, since i suck with engines.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Well since you have the block and heads your alright, as for forged racing cranks you don't need it unless you are looking to turn 9000 rpms or more if not don't worry about it, however internally balanced is alot better to have.

Now tell us what it is you want it to do and be used for then we can give you all the ideas you want ( I lean toward strokers for everything)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mud and trails mainly.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A stroker is going to be my way to go since my crank has now joined the list of this that are screwed up (along with the heads and the cam). The only thing i need to know is where should i get it from and which is my best bet. Also what kind of cam should i get to go along with it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Mopar performance sells quite a few versions, i would recomend you buy a spinning assembly from someone, check out muscle motors, i have used stuff from them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts