Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Dodge 1973 W200
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this tail gate with my truck when I bought. The Dodge is embossed instead of a sticker. Has anyone else seen one like this?
Wood Road surface Font Gas Tints and shades

'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
Yes. '72 - '74 had that.

Registered
Also on the M880 military trucks, at least for 1977, but probably a couple more year models than that.

Registered
the "embossed" tail gate was avialible from 1972 to 1993 and was an "option" on the higher end packages

Reactions: BearGills

'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
the "embossed" tail gate was avialible from 1972 to 1993 and was an "option" on the higher end packages
Strange, I've never seen that on anything after '74 where it says DODGE in big letters and in the middle of the tailgate. The later years that I've seen had smaller text DODGE and off to one side.

Registered
Strange, I've never seen that on anything after '74 where it says DODGE in big letters and in the middle of the tailgate. The later years that I've seen had smaller text DODGE and off to one side.

l didnt say they were ALL the same "wording" just the "embossing"

Administrator
My old 73 D200 custom, had the embossing, but it was not painted. It was beat to hell, and the replacement was from a ramcharger, and also had the Dodge embossed, but not painted. I don't recall how, but it still had the Ramcharger emblem. I got a ticket for speeding, and they wrote it up as a Ramcharger. I always wondered if I could have fought it saying I do not have a ramcharger.

Registered
My old 73 D200 custom, had the embossing, but it was not painted. It was beat to hell, and the replacement was from a ramcharger, and also had the Dodge embossed, but not painted. I don't recall how, but it still had the Ramcharger emblem. I got a ticket for speeding, and they wrote it up as a Ramcharger. I always wondered if I could have fought it saying I do not have a ramcharger.
Years ago I worked in the shop at an OTR trucking outfit. We used to get loaded trailers come through regularly that might need sometihng fixed before going out on the road. On occasion we would get a load of crushed cars and we would pick through and find a cool nameplate and pry it off or unscrew it or whatever.

At the time I drove a '91 Plymouth Acclaim. A friend at the shop found a Diplomat nameplate on a crushed car, he pried it off and stuck it to my Acclaim with 3M tape. We both had a laugh, I didn't really care that much, it was a beater car.

Fast forward a few months, my then girlfriend was driving the Acclaim in Des Moines and got a parking ticket, written up as Dodge Diplomat. I did what you thought about....called the Courthouse in Des Moines and explained I don't own a Dodge Diplomat and insisted there must be some sort of mistake. They requested a picture of the car and the VIN#. By this time I had removed the nameplate for the picture. I mailed it off and got a letter a few weeks later apologizing for the mistake and to ignore the ticket.

A lot of work to get out of a $10 or $20 ticket, I can't recall how much, but I was interested in seeing if it would work. It did.

Registered
When I bought my truck back in late '73... I remember that the "cheaper" trim package (Custom) would have come with the raised white/ black letters in the center. The Adventurer/ Adventurer SE all came with decals and had the Hemi font/ pinstriped outlined highlight. Just like this...

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

I was there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts