Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like several people here have had there trucks stolen recently. Could visitors look at our pictures and find our towns?  Then all that would be needed is just to track them down. I don't like to think that but....

·
Premium Member
3,461 Posts
I'm one who had my truck stole and I will say 190% had nothing to do with this site.... it has more to do with the economy more then anything...

Scott

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
Economy has nothing to do with. If you steal other people stuff your a piece of shit. Those type of people steal regardless of if there are a billion jobs out there.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
4wheelinstud said:
I'm one who had my truck stole and I will say 190% had nothing to do with this site.... it has more to do with the economy more then anything...

Scott
I doubt the economy had very little if anything to do with your truck or anyone else's vehicle getting swiped....you have the - "hey, let's take this thing for a ride", the - "I need to get to point B from point A and I have no wheels, this one looks good", the - "sure I can get that for you, just let me know what you want", the - "I can make a quick few bucks on this one", etc....the list of reasons/motives for stealing a vehicle is endless....and the list applies in times of prosperity and not so good times....as far as looking at pictures of vehicles here and on other sites....not even noting the numbers on the tag....someone with knowledge in acquiring a location and/or information of a particular area could easily do it....would it be worthwhile to do?....depends on your train of thought and the logic/rational behind doing so....

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
ramitupurs84 said:
Economy has nothing to do with. If you steal other people stuff your a piece of shit. Those type of people steal regardless of if there are a billion jobs out there.
I agree but.... High unemployment does bring criminals out of the woodwork. People go broke and will do anything to make a buck. Its not uncommon for someone to steal a whole vehicle just cause they need a battery or alternator.

Then there are the pieces of crap of an even lower calibur that steal your ride just to joyride and then trash it.

Its only going to get worse so prepare. After my girlfriends truck got stolen I installed an ignition cutoff switch under the dash of my cars. If they want one, they have to work for it and push.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I don't think the economy has that much to do with why they do it. It might have to do with how often they do it now though. It takes more than just wanting to steal someone's property, especially a whole vehicle.

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
The gf's mom said a young girl was breaking into open vehicles at 6am  ::) on the weekdays of all things. I would come into work late just bash that girls face up. Maybe it's a sick trait I have, but I would beat a women/teenager like a man if they tried to steal anything I own and I caught them.  I would go to town on anyone if I had the means, I know I would rage. I despise these types of people. I believe life lessons come from knuckles and heels to the face for these type of people. Nothing you could site in a law book would turn me off from thinking/acting like that if I caught them in the act.  

I work way to hard for everything own. If you want what I have work like I have. I also had my mom's van broken into a funeral showing. They smashed everyone's windows stealing purses and electronics. So....people who steal are vermin in my book.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
ramitupurs84 said:
The gf's mom said a young girl was breaking into open vehicles at 6am ::) on the weekdays of all things. I would come into work late just bash that girls face up. Maybe it's a sick trait I have, but I would beat a women/teenager like a man if they tried to steal anything I own and I caught them. I would go to town on anyone if I had the means, I know I would rage. I despise these types of people. I believe life lessons come from knuckles and heels to the face for these type of people. Nothing you could site in a law book would turn me off from thinking/acting like that if I caught them in the act.

I work way to hard for everything own. If you want what I have work like I have. I also had my mom's van broken into a funeral showing. They smashed everyone's windows stealing purses and electronics. So....people who steal are vermin in my book.
Now that i will agree with without any "buts".

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Apparently it's not only a US problem.  We have some friends living in Lima, Peru.  They were visiting another "******" family.  When they came out to go home they found that all of the electronics had been stolen from their car.  It cost them $2500 for a "reliable" shop to purchase parts and repair their car.

Unless the mileage is kept in the computer (not stolen), they bought their own speedometer back because it had the same miles as their car before the stuff was stolen.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
if the economy is bringing people to the level of stealing old dodges.. then it must not be hurting too bad  ;D

just sayin...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well, you also don't have all of the hi tech electronic anti theft devices on these old dodges.  And just about any decent shaped 4x4 will get you 2-3000 retail in most places, if not more. I know, we wouldn't pay that much for one unless it was very cherry, but you've seen the dealerships.  They'll buy a luke warm truck and file for a lost title in a heartbeat if they can double or triple their investments.  This of course is a shady dealer.  All I'm saying is that it's somewhat easy money without the hassle of tracking devices, coded keys, and anti theft lockout that these newer cars come equipped from the factory with.

Randall

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
If I found my truck for sale at a dealership I would drive it home with title and police report in hand. Or punch someone in the throat for trying to stop me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts