Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok tranny locked up replaced tranny torque converter and u joints its not shakin in neutral or park any more but still shakes and almost feels like something is binding during acceleration really bad from 15 to 30 what else could it be have rotated drive shaft and am out of ideas it was smooth before the incident
thanks
ken

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Flex plate maybe? Tires?

·
Registered
145 Posts
are you 100% sure the driveline(s) are timed correctly?

wheel bearings good on all 4 corners?

tires all in balance?

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Block the front tires and set the rear end on jack stands (unless full-time 4x4---all four corners on jack stands). CAREFULLY put the vehicle in gear, and see if the problem is still present. If the problem is gone, the problem is probably axle bearings or tires. If it is still present, driveline or tranny issues. Check that flex plate...

-SM

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
have you tried greasing the slip yoke on the D-shaft? also possibly a worn u-joint?

·
Premium Member
16,239 Posts
Slanted_Mind said:
Block the front tires and set the rear end on jack stands (unless full-time 4x4---all four corners on jack stands). CAREFULLY put the vehicle in gear, and see if the problem is still present. If the problem is gone, the problem is probably axle bearings or tires. If it is still present, driveline or tranny issues. Check that flex plate...

-SM
I did this at Slanted Mind's suggestion and it was a GREAT troubleshooting technique. It really helps to isolate where the vibration is coming from.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks i will do that after all i have done i think it has been narrowed to 1 of 3 things spider gear,streached xfer case chain or stripped splines

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
you might want to check the rearend out ... i have seen the bolt sheer & the pin fall out of the spidergears & cause all the things you talked about...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts