Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey RCC!

So, I'm just wondering where some other members have installed their stereo speakers

I would like to not cut holes in the doors for the front speakers, but I don't think the kick panels will take speakers. I do have 1 in the dash, but need to mount 2 more up front

Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper Window Vehicle door

For the rear, there are a couple of potential locations, but still require cutting holes.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

Stairs Vehicle Motor vehicle Door Automotive exterior

Does anyone have pics of where they have speakers installed?

Thank you for any replies.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I'm with Dean on this one. It's better to build a box that has sound control than cutting up the bed sides. If you don't want to cut the doors, you can do a few things. 1) Build a fiberglass enclosure at the bottom of the door that will fit a shallow mid range speaker and put tweeters up in the dash like the more modern cars have, or 2) Build a custom center console with the speakers in the sides. The console could also house an amp. Use the aft side of the wheel wells to house the subs.

Reactions: jonn6464

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,131 Posts
I think building custom enclosures where DODGEBOYS suggested is the best way but cutting speaker holes in the door ain't so bad as someone can always weld a piece back in place if they ever wanted to go to Pebble Beach one day. If you want a more rich sounding system then you need at least 4 speakers - 2 up front and 2 behind you. If I had a Ramcharger I would put 2 in the door and build 2 enclosures behind me.

Reactions: jonn6464

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I cut 6x9's into the doors. Decent location imho. They weren't mint doors by any means.

·
Super Moderator
'79 Macho 360 Magnum, Comp 480 cam, Hughes springs, 650 Thunder AVS, Pertronix Flamethrower ignition
7,131 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Ramcharger W150, 318, 4-speed; 2008 Sebring Convertible; 2015 Challenger Shaker SCATPack 392 A8
92 Posts
While I do like my tunes I gotta say this, I would advise against ever cutting virgin metal or plastic to install something as superficial as speakers. Build a custom enclosure to house them as time always moves forward and tastes change, yours will as well. Metal/plastic is easy to remove and hard to put back.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
here is what l had/made for my 1978 TD out of plywood , if l go to my buddies house that owns it now l,ll try to remember to snap a pic

View attachment 631327
instead of storage you could add either BIGGER or more speakers , really thump that bitch

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've thought a bunch about speakers myself..

I think I'm eventually going to go with one of these mounted too the rollbar and a corresponding sub

Reactions: jcm3 and jcruse64

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
thats the way mine are . We’re there when I bought it
True, there was a hole there for a stock speaker. I had to cut it bigger for a decent 6x9.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts