Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels and Mopar banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. this isn't a problem on my R/C however but instead on my Malibu. The signal for my radio is obviously getting weaker as now I can only listed to a few stations from a distance. Have to be close to town to get clear reception anymore. Yesterday while driving home in the rain, I noticed something interesting. When the wipers went up, the signal went down. And vise-versa. When the wipers went down, I could hear the station better. Now not being a sound guy, I haven't the foggiest clue where to begin. I would like to listen to the radio again just like it was when I bought it. Anybody got any suggestions on this? Thanks

·
Registered
720 Posts
i'm guessing you didn't touch your radio at all and this problem starts. i would check the antenna wire and see if it came loose from the radio. unplug it, clean the connections and try again. that's weird.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sounds to me like there is interference, such as stated above a weak connection in the antenne line. Ground is a possibility as well, but the wipers having an effect on it suggest antenne. Ever have a home stereo where as you walked around the room the signal stranght changed? Same principal. You are either becoming the antenne or interfereing with it.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
If the antenna is in the winshield, I would consider getting an external one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
TRY ADDING A MOPAR PERFORMANCE STICKER ON THE LEFT BK WINDOW I ID THAT TO MY DADS CHEBY
AND IT SEEMED TO HELP...IF THAT DOESNT THEM TRY A RAM HOOD ORNAMENT AND MABEY HOOKING THE ATEN. TO IT THATWULD DEFFINTLY HELP......LOL GOOD LUCK

G

·
I can fix it. Have a friend take the radiator cap off. You get in and drive it down to the car lot. Buy a Dodge, any Dodge. Drive your new Dodge home. Have the friend put the radiator cap on the new Dodge. Problem solved. ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts