Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
hey, that one looks to be in really good shape. Can I have it?
I'd like one of the stamped "Dodge" ones for my 85.

Just a guess, mabey they went rounder tops when they quit stamping the Dodge lettering in, which I think may have been around the time they quit using wood floors. Late 60's/early 70's I think.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
Donk said:
hey, that one looks to be in really good shape. Can I have it?
I'd like one of the stamped "Dodge" ones for my 85.

Just a guess, mabey they went rounder tops when they quit stamping the Dodge lettering in, which I think may have been around the time they quit using wood floors. Late 60's/early 70's I think.
1979, 1980 or 1981 is when they went to steel floors. I know my '64 had the squared off tailgate.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
My '77 has the square 'gate.
-Steve C.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided to get the whole bed, it won't fit on my 84 long bed stepside but the whole bed is to good to scrap, the fenders and bedsides are solid, will show pics in a day or two. The truck with the tailgate is 70 or 71, has the plastic grill inserts, sure looks like same bolt pattern as 72 thru 93 where the bed bolts to the frame, floor is gone, does anyone repo the metal strips? I have 83 short bed fleet side that would look good with the stepside bed.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Txs where are you located? If you swap beds on the S/B and would be intrested in selling the other let me know im consedering having to replace mine.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
manic_mechanic said:
Bruce horcky cabinetry has chrome strips and all bed replacement parts. i believe that name is his website. he advertises in the backs of most 4wd rags. do a search for it.
Bruce Horkey's Wood and Parts is the first one i mentioned above

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.