Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RAM B350 van 4X4 86 with tilt steering. I can move the steering wheel as a joystick, and it seems that something is wrong around the tilt area. I still haven't managed to dismantle the parts, so any suggestions, Ideas, parts lists etc will be welcomed......
rgds
Kai from Norway

·
Registered
315 Posts
That is a pretty common problem with the tilt columns. There are a set of bolts that work loose inside and cause all that slop. You shouldn't need any new parts but you will want a manual to walk you through disassembly of the column so you can get at the the bolts. If you dont have or can't get a manual, IM me and I'll get the procedure from mine.

Robo

·
Registered
855 Posts
This happened to my 86 RC with tilt because the guy I bought it from was a short fatass and couldn't get in without pulling on the wheel. I had to replace the whole column because, in my uncle the mechanics words, "the seals on the column were all busted going all the way down to the steering box" and the column had to be replaced. He also said that I shouldn't drive it until it's fixed because the wheel can be pulled right out of the steering box if you pull up by accident. I replaced it with a fixed wheel because I couldn't find a tilt one, and 3 days later I was at the JY and they got an RC in with tilt. I was pissed.

Isaac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts