Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? hey all hows it going? well i finally found a steering column for my 89 RC but there are differences and i need 2 diagrams asap damn chiltons suck... the column im installing is from a 93 250 PU where most all components are located just below the steering wheel instead of further down the column like on the 89. AKA headlight dimmer, ignition switch yada yada i jumped the gun and have both columns side by side but need better wire diagrams to set it up right. and hope to be able to get to work tomorrow without walking..lol can someone please help with a link or such that has a good diagram of both column wiring.. Thank you very much.. D 3604019403

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
because of the multi operation stalk , you need a few diagrams also the delay wiper controll mounted r/side of column in dash , look for dodgeboys on this forum , email his blue address there on one of his posts he may have what ya need available electronically .. 

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you sir ;D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rychemopar said:
??? hey all hows it going? well i finally found a steering column for my 89 RC but there are differences and i need 2 diagrams asap damn chiltons suck... the column im installing is from a 93 250 PU where most all components are located just below the steering wheel instead of further down the column like on the 89. AKA headlight dimmer, ignition switch yada yada i jumped the gun and have both columns side by side but need better wire diagrams to set it up right. and hope to be able to get to work tomorrow without walking..lol can someone please help with a link or such that has a good diagram of both column wiring.. Thank you very much.. D 3604019403
here is the work at hand and harness in question

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok well closer than i was. Its running and lights work. but have an issue with the wipers.. i have 2 unmatched wires on the 89 harness side and 2 unmatched wires on the 93 column side. before i hooked any of them up i was driving into town and all of a sudden the wipers came on. the switch was off and had to pull fuse to shut them down. last night i matched up the wires from column plug to the plug under the dash of the 89 and had a total of 4 unmatched wires. on the 93 column a LG/WT and a DG/YW and on the harness plug from 89 wipers a BK and a DG. with all the others hooked up there is only one speed and they no longer return to the park position? any ideas? ???
HELP PLEASE ... :eek:
ok this is so wrong. does anyone have a layout identifying wire colors and locations on the multi function switch terminal plug for a 1994 ram 2500 PU. i have identified all terminal ends on the 89 side of my wire harness, but cant find a detail anywhere of that 24 pin multi-function plug, that identifies the specific wires, colors and destination

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oops i did not mean to marquee the whole modification to that post..lol

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
like I said before there are many pages that pertain to the stalk switch and ign switch . try this click on the photo to enlarge , I cannot transmit electronically . you may need more parts , I included an old photo of them

Attachments

·
Administrator
60,447 Posts
These may help.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
master burban u r the man. i was on the internet half the day looking for that top one you sent. thank you and Sir dodge82273 i have the brake switch and my 89 also had the intermittent wipers just different color wires and plugs and locations.i believe i can do this better now Thank You RCC

·
Administrator
60,447 Posts
I have found you cannot go by the wire colors.

Look around, there was a recall for later model trucks, for the ignition switch, which is the same (externally, maybe they did have internal issues). The fix was to wire in a relay to carry the ignition load off the switch. Something that is a smart idea anyway.

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
one of those is the "key in seat belt buzzer" combo , more wires that must also go to the wheel some of which are not needed .

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok well i got everything wired in except the cruz. which i dont uses anyway but i'm sure the wires are necessary here is the plug at steering wheel(left and the original one going out to cruise control unit, the 94 plug has 5 wires and 89 has 4.?

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dodge82273 said:
one of those is the "key in seat belt buzzer" combo , more wires that must also go to the wheel some of which are not needed .
i see that now and i think that must be the combo busser on mine. only 2 extra wires now both on the 89 harness side. see attached. cavity 2 has no wire. cavity 3 BK/RD and cavity 17 is a BK

Attachments

·
Administrator
60,447 Posts
rychemopar said:
ok well i got everything wired in except the cruz. which i dont uses anyway but i'm sure the wires are necessary here is the plug at steering wheel(left and the original one going out to cruise control unit, the 94 plug has 5 wires and 89 has 4.?
I think 1 is the horn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts