Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin to upgrade my box off the 74 and i can get a free box but its a 2wd setup....Will it work or does it have to be off a 4x4....

I'm not sure yet what year the 2wd box is from yet...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For now just replacing........i cant get a drop pitman arm for my 74 so need newrer style box. 74 swings different......

would like to do crossover in the future.....So then flip box into 2wd position ....

·
Registered
42 Posts
yeah. i'd buy it if i were u. u can rebuild them and have one for reserve. i blow a rear seal everytime i go wheeling.

G

·
Yes the boxes are the same 77-79 have sae threads on the fitings and 80-93 have metric line fitingsThe gear boxes are just mounted different and use different pitman arms.

iirc I do believe that 74 used a reverse rotation box and the pitman arm has a different swing pattern.
I think that if you are going to go with newer box you will need a different drag link and steering arm to make it work

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gmule.......I can possibly get a box from a 89 2wd RC for free now......So if the lines are metric i will have to swap my power steering pump also correct...?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts