Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been messing with project FORD KILLER on and off for the past few months and still have not been able to get it to start. I've replaced the ignition switch, neutral safety switch, and the starter relay. I know there is enough power in the battery and I know the starter works cause I can short it out with a screw driver and get the motor to turn over. When I turn the key nothing happens. I've adjusted the ignition switch both ways and it still does the same thing, nothing. Any suggestions? It's gotta be something simple.

·
Registered
756 Posts
my r/c did the same thing. it was first the starter relay, so i replaced that and it still wouldnt start with a key, and it ended up just being the wiring from the battery to the relay. There was a fusible link in there i kept blowing. The wiring was messed up. maybe that could be your problem. check it out and let us know.

·
Registered
190 Posts
If it does the same thing in nuetral I would say the same as above. There is a fusible link between the starter and the relay. It seems to me that there is also some rigging and adjustment in the linkage at the tranny that affects the operation of the N switch.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good suggestions. I'll have to check all those fusible links. Any other possibilities?

·
7,995 Posts
Check for 12 volts on the orange wire with the key in the "start" position. No voltage there than you have a wiring problem between the relay and the ignition switch.

The green wire circuit is the ground for the relay. This ground comes from the neutral safety switch. You can pull the green wire off the relay and hook a jumper from the terminal on the relay to a fender/frame ground and try to start the RC. If it starts, your problem is in the wiring to the neutral safety switch.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.