Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I start my truck there is a clicking sound. A friend said that it sounds like the starter isn't completely disengaging from the flywheel. I replaced the starter hoping to fix it, no dice. What would cause the starter to stay engaged after it has turned the engine over?

Another thing that I noticed today is that the volt meter in the dash shows that there is a current being pull while I am driving. The amount being drawn is relative to the engine speed. What are your thoughts?

Thanks, Caleb

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
there is a relay on the left fender ..it might be stuck....start it and tap it[ the relay] see if that might be it ..or the 77 the ign. switch dosent go back like it should .. and it needs turned back...???? :-\

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do i check the ignition switch? i tapped on the relay and that didn't do anything. if the relay is bad then i shouldn't be able to start the truck, correct?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I replaced the starter relay. That didn't fix it. I replaced the starter last week. I'm gonna take the starter back in tomorrow. Could the starter have gone bad already if it isn't disengaging from the flywheel? Or should I look somewhere else for the cause of this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts