Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the stainless trim that is on the driprails and continues around and across the top of the windshield w/o tearing it up. Also the wide molding on the lower half of the doors, do you pull up and pop off the bottom or push down , how?

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The stainless i believe you peel down and pull, the lower door mouldings you pull up and pull the top out and then push down, don't pull it toward you like a door, just enough to release it from the clip or you will break the lower plastic tensioner clip

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you ED-3. That will keep me from really messing up. I took it to two body shops this am and the owners came out and played with them but wern't sure how to do it. GO RAMCHARGER CENTRAL
.Dave

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
The stainless trim look for a joining piece and slide that to either side and then peel down and pull go slow , it might be peel up and pull

·
Registered
71 Posts
i just pulled the trim off my driprail and no matter how careful i was it still twisted. but it did't kink, so it's still usable. i'm not going to re-use it though.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
there is also another way of doing it.... i know this is a little late but take a can opener.. one of the old style ones that poke the triangle holes in cans but make sure it has the round end on the other side... run a few raps of tape around the round end and it makes a nice little trim removal tool.... thats what i used on my plymouth when i had to pull the vynil top...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts