Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of stainless brake lines. Flexible  for my 85 ramcharger with my 93 cummins drive line. I Only found skyjacker brake lines. but thats it. Where is a good place to get stainless brake lines?

·
Premium Member
13,530 Posts
for what it's worth, after attempting to use stainless brake lines I have since vowed never, ever to use them again.  I had the hardest time getting the stuff to actually seal.  The stainless is so hard it doesn't actually 'conform' to the brass fittings very well.

I'd recommend the normal steel line, or, my favorite is the PolyArmor greenish hard line.  I lvoe that stuff - seals great every time, flarable, and available at my local parts stores.

I actually don't know where to find stainless lines except maybe stainless steel brake corp?...

- Sam

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
I think he means the extended braided lines used with lifts, but he didn't specify.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Not to steel the thread  ;D but where can I find replacement hard brake lines for my 88 RC?  I've looked around the internet and through magazine ads but have not found an aftermarket source for pre-bent lines.  Any advice?

Thanks,
Ty

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts
I doubt there is a source for pre-bent lines.  Your best bet is a bulk roll, double flare tool, some fittings and a brake line tubing bender.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Elwenil said:
I doubt there is a source for pre-bent lines. Your best bet is a bulk roll, double flare tool, some fittings and a brake line tubing bender.
I was hoping there was a source for pre-bent steel lines for the RC like is out there and have used on my Jeeps. Too bad. I have the tools, just need to pick up the materials and get to work.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
BIGTRUCKNUT said:
I was hoping there was a source for pre-bent steel lines for the RC like is out there and have used on my Jeeps. Too bad. I have the tools, just need to pick up the materials and get to work.
You are in luck...go to http://www.inlinetube.com/
I recently purchased a pre-bent set from them for my 88 truck and they do list RC's

·
Premium Member
13,530 Posts
it may not be available for a Ramcharger...but I bet you can find the same/similar stuff for a Silverado  ;).  Try 4-Wheel Parts.  They have extended lines for lifted trucks, probably off the shelf for a Chevy.

·
29,540 Posts
Is there a reason you don't want the Skyjacker ones? They are the only ones that I've heard of that make them...but I've never really looked either.

·
Super Moderator
29,559 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought a skyjacker lift 6in..
Came with ubolts that where to short. They told me i didnt know what i was talking about. and i didnt know what i was doing.
the rear springs are to short about 2 in to short. so i will never buy any skyjacker stuff again.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Inline Tube has quality parts. I bought a kit for when I converted my 1969 Chevy Stepside from manual to power brakes. Came with everything I needed.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Any lift on the truck ? i used the rear Skyjacker unit on the front of my truck and assembled a hose from Earls for the rear (28")

1 - 15 of 15 Posts