Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No-one @ mopar performance or D/C knows anything about this question, hell most didn't know the difference between the Hemi and the V-10.
-I'd like to put the V-10 hood on my 2004 Ram, the hood fits, but will the induction system function with the HEMI engine? Maybe they provide a different hood for either engine combo? Called all kinds of Chrysler personel today and they are clueless. Hood runs around $700 without paint.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I'll bet you will have to modify the hood to actually work with the hemi's air cleaner box, since the V-10 is exactly like the viper with dual inlets, it'll work if you make it

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
from what I've read, even the "functional" scooped hood doesn't tie into the airbox on the hemis from the factory, it just lets cold air into the engine bay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup... thats what I've been hearing, only cool air into engine bay, unless it's a V-10...For $700--unpainted, think I'll go with aftermarket. I've found a couple that are ram-air and still in the same price range as the V-10 hood. Our local dealer has a Rumble- Bee on the lot and it only has the 3-M stick on Hood Scoop that looks like the V-10 style. Seems that if that hood was functional with the Hemi, Dodge would've used it on that truck as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts