Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't use them for your cell phone. I have only had them for 3 months and its been nothing but trouble since. There actual coverage is good, but thats the only good thing. Their customer service department is the worst. Not just one person, but all of them. And on top of that you have to pay $3 everytime you talk to a real person. To make that worse, out of all the times I've called in, never once were they able to answer my questions. NOT ONCE! :mad: So the only clear alternative that sprint offers is an alternative from peace :-\

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i've used sprint for a while now, havent had to many problems. Other then a crappy phone and some higher prices they have been alright to me. I've also called tech support many times and there were no $3 fees.

·
Registered
10,862 Posts
I just e-mail them, no prob other then having to wait all weekend for a reply once. Coverage is great and if you can get a signal, you can talk, dosen't matter how weak. I Also made it all the way to North Carolina with no gaps in service that I noticed!! My only prob is the phone itself, I ripped the "ok" button off rolling a tire down the driveway. It rubbed against the phone and caught the button with a lug. I NEED a full case for it but all the ones they have leave the buttons open!! :mad:

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well heres an update. Shortly after I posted that, they turned off my service on both of my phones because of an ERROR IN THEIR SYSTEM. My second phones minutes were all getting charged at a rate of 40 cents a minute so after we exceded our account spending limit by 400 bucks. This happened on a friday night. I did not get the situation fixed until sunday afternoon when I had to go to a store and talk to them. And when I would call in, I couldn't get through to a real person. But I did get it fixed and straightened out. You don't realize how attatched you are to a cell phone until you can't use it. Maybe its just me that they hate :p

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
My biggest problem with Sprint is the coverage. I live on Long Island. Out here there are not enough towers. You try to make a call, and either you can't get a signal, or you get a "network busy" message. And there phones never hold out for very long.

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never had a problem with their actual coverage, its just their service! T-mobile has got the best coverage and service for MN, but their still a little pricy.

·
Registered
676 Posts
My sprint worked uuntill I ran my Nokia 6152 over with my truck on accident. Sonn thereafter, I went to Verizon Wireless, and have loved it evr since. Unbelieveable service, and superb range on the phone(s). Sprint sucks here in Buffalo. And so does T-mobile. Verizon IMHO is the best...

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had verizon and I liked them but they couldn't get my bill correct after I had a problem and made some changes. Thats why I switched.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had sprint for a year and a half and i hated them after 6 mo. They had crappy coverage in tx, rude tech support, and are willing to overcharge you and shut off your service for no reason. I now have Tmobile and like them very much, I roam onto cingilur and AT&T (cingular just bought them) networks with ease and no charges. Also if you want a good phone Samsung all the way. I've had three diff one (just cause I like to get the newest) in the past 6 years and I loved and abused them all, they looked like crap but still worked great when I was through.

Death to sprint :mad:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
i have sprint right now and the only problems i have had is i cant use it in my house and the caller id screen on teh front of my LG 1200 keeps going out... 3 times since dec. i live in a basement apartment thats underground PLUS i live on the backside of a hill.... at the bottom..... as forthe phone it works great and takes the abuse, exept for the mentioned problem. my sprint service otherwise has been EXCELLENT! oh and BTW.... verizon, Tmobil, nextel , and cingular all wanted a $500-$1000 deposit on EACH phone. i have 2 and it was a $250 deposit TOTAL! but thats just my reveiw on it. as for customer service no problems exept at the center i bought the phones from... any other no problems at all!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well I have had Sprint for over 13 years can not say that I had problems as most of you describe.  Yes did have some coverage problems at first but don't know that it was any worse than with other providers.  Never had any customer service problems in dealing with them, even had them contact me a couple of times to upgrade my plan that saved me money each time.

On my third phone, all have worked great without any problems.

Right now coverage is Great.

Ben

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
I like sprint, have had them for years and I have 3 lines on an unlimited everything plan and I pay less then my friends pay for unlimted on 1 phone at verizon and at&t.  There service is good, customer service was lacking at first but now I just go to their website and use the chat to a rep.  Love being able to do that.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
I have to say their customer service is one of the best I have seen.  I love the chat feature on the website to talk with a rep.  You don't have to call and go through stupid calling directories or wait to talk with anyone, just click and 5 seconds you are speaking with a rep.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
I got my first cell phone back in 2000 when I was doing a lot of traveling for work.  They were the only provider I could find who's service didn't cut off about 20 miles south of town.  Driving to/from KC to OKC or Shreveport, LA, that would suck if I broke down with a phone I couldn't use.  Sprint was the only one that showed coverage all the way through.
I've had a few issues here and there over the years, but nothing that wasn't cleared up with just one quick call to customer service.
Overall I'd have to say I've been pretty happy with Sprint.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I had sprint for about 4-5 years.  I quit using them because when I put my wife's phone on with mine, they started to overcharge me.  My bill should have been about 80-85, but they where charging me from 100-300 a month because they were charging me for texting, email, internet, picture messaging and other things that I kept telling them that I didn't want.  I fought with them for the entire 2 year contract trying to get the bill straightened out, and never once got any kind of refund on the overcharges.  I would call them about the unwanted options, and the overcharging.  They would tell me that it'll take 1-2 months to get fixed.  At the end of the contract, I told them I didn't want their service because being overcharging and poor customer support.  I'm still fighting with them on a $600 bill that was payed on April 16 2007.  I just faxed the 4th collection company a copy of the checks and bank statement that it was payed.  I guess I'll have to do to the BBB to file a complaint.

·
Founder
25,731 Posts
How long ago did you have their service?

I have found their current customer service to be outstanding, and never had any issues with getting a charge removed if it wasn't suppose to be there.  Though that was stuff like giving me an activation charge when getting a new phone.  I would just tell them I wasn't told I would be charged an activation fee and they would remove it.

I love their online chat support.  Supper easy and quick, much faster then using a phone to talk with support.  Every company now has the directory listing automated stuff that takes forever to get to talk with a real person.  With their online chat you just click chat and within seconds you are chatting with a person.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I quit using them in April of 2007.  I never had any issues with the phone service itself, just that I had very poor customer support about them adding things onto the contract that I didn't want, and the phone I was using couldn't even do (no camera, couldn't text, no internet).  It sounds like they changed their customer support guidelines since I last dealt with them.  But, when you get burned out of about $1500, it does leave a bad taste in your mouth.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.