Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to get my shim between my axel and springs. One possible problem, the stud on the bottom of the springs is not long enough to seat into the hole in the axel. is that an issue?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
Yes, that is an issue. I'm not sure if you can get a center pin with a taller head, but that would fix it. The best soulution would be shims that bolt on to the bottom of the spring pack. That way, the entire center bolt head sticks out. You have to get new shims however. I don't know who would sell them, but all of the Skyjacker springs I've seen use shims like this.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems like the shim should be made with a hole in one side and stud in the other side so it all fit together like a puzzel. Damn damn damn, now its back to the drawing board. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
8,453 Posts
LeatherNuts said:
It seems like the shim should be made with a hole in one side and stud in the other side so it all fit together like a puzzel.
Like a lift block. The shim would have to be much thicker to do that.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
What I do when I put shims on leaf springs is to get a longer centering pin and put it through the shim and leaf springs. That way the shim is essentially bolted to the spring back and can't spit out easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.