Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Dodge used the same size spring plates for all axles??? I am removing a 9 1/4 and installing a full floater and the O.D. of the axle tube is larger on the FF. It looks as though the original plate will work with drilling out the holes slightly to allow the ubolts to fit correctly. However the plate appears as though it has a small gap where it is not touching the housing when it is placed against the new FF.

So my question is did dodge use a different spring plate with Dana 60-70 axles then with the 9 1/4??? Thanks, BTM.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Yeah, I think they had to use different u-bolts and spring plates because the tube diameter is larger. You could probably just drill out the stock plates. In my case, I did a u-bolt flip while I was putting in my D70.

·
Premium Member
8,998 Posts
Yes. I don't think the plate would work well since it won't have full contact with the axle tube. Now might be a good time to get rid of the plate and flip your u bolts. I did a how to on that and relocating your shocks, and I think there is another one in the how too section also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.