Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I assembled the above tent and tested to see if it does fit to the back of the Ramcharger. It is a 10' by 10' tent with a sleeve that allows you to open the rear lift gate and use the back of the SUV for more space. With the back seat flipped forward, I have an air mattress which fits between the wheel wells.
It is a snug fit. The tent is also free standing so you can pull away. It has yet to be tested in the rain; but I will be taking it on some camping trips this year & I will update. The first test will be in April, in west central New Mexico.

·
Premium Member
9,993 Posts
RamJoe said:
Yesterday I assembled the above tent and tested to see if it does fit to the back of the Ramcharger. It is a 10' by 10' tent with a sleeve that allows you to open the rear lift gate and use the back of the SUV for more space. With the back seat flipped forward, I have an air mattress which fits between the wheel wells.
It is a snug fit. The tent is also free standing so you can pull away. It has yet to be tested in the rain; but I will be taking it on some camping trips this year & I will update. The first test will be in April, in west central New Mexico.
Where did you get it from, and how much did you pay?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were a few different sites offering the tent @ $230, but only one had free shipping at that price and it was from www.tentsontrucks.com They also carry the tents that work with pickups.

I will add a little bit about the first test last month. Tent held up well & there was a little rain & dusting of snow. The problem I did have was the very high winds the first day. Before I could get everything properly secured & strapped the whipping wind caused a tear where the corner of the tent was against the raised lift gate. It can be repaired & in future I will use some padding at that location to avoid a repeat. I imagine the Ramcharger liftgate is wider than the other models of SUV's which would be used with the tent. Tent has plenty of room & otherwise handled some weather OK.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Don't worry about rain. I have the one that fits in the back of my truck, and we woke up parked in an 8"deep puddle that accumulated during the night. The wife and I as well as our gear was all dry as a bone.

I dont know if it's different in the States or not, but I bought mine at Wal-Mart, and felt it was a great deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts