Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 ramcharger spits and sputters if I disconnect power wire on positive side of battery not the wire going to starter it will run perfect or if i loosen alt belt I have tried 2 different rebuilt alt I also installed a kit that the alt bypasses the ecm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it is the alt bypass helped a lot I also installed a digital amp gauge it holds at around 14.2 even when its running bad its hit and miss when its going to run bad it could be hours or it could be soon as you start it .but when its running bad can hear a drag on the alt.I think I should try a alt from some where other than autozone

·
Registered
805 Posts
yes it is the alt bypass helped a lot I also installed a digital amp gauge it holds at around 14.2 even when its running bad its hit and miss when its going to run bad it could be hours or it could be soon as you start it .but when its running bad can hear a drag on the alt.I think I should try a alt from some where other than autozone
I spoke to a Napa employee who used to work at autozone. He said their return rates on parts hit close to 50% some months. I put an alt from autozone on a buddy’s car, went bad less than a year later. Paid a little more for one at napa

·
Registered
171 Posts
I spoke to a Napa employee who used to work at autozone. He said their return rates on parts hit close to 50% some months. I put an alt from autozone on a buddy’s car, went bad less than a year later. Paid a little more for one at napa
Wow.

I typically try to go with Napa as well. When I'm doing brakes and non-electrical parts, I like to use stuff from RockAuto like Gates, Raybestos, etc. I'm not sure how good they are anymore, but seems like they used to be quality stuff back in the day.

Reactions: Lzed

·
Registered
805 Posts
Wow.

I typically try to go with Napa as well. When I'm doing brakes and non-electrical parts, I like to use stuff from RockAuto like Gates, Raybestos, etc. I'm not sure how good they are anymore, but seems like they used to be quality stuff back in the day.
Yeah I like napa too. I typically go there cus they’re close plus AAA discount. Advanced Auto if I’m on short time. Never autozone again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts