Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a hard time finding replacements. Can I use regular grade 8 nuts and locktite or wait and get the right ones? Thanks.

·
Registered
904 Posts
any aoto parts store that still has the old school Dorman cabinets should have them; forget about the Checkers/OReillys, Useless zone-type places.  an old Mom and Pop type or a regular traditional franchise like Napa Car Quest, Bumper to Bumper, Federated etc would be your best bet.

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
What you need are known as distorted thread lock nuts or crimped nuts. You can get these from some hardware places, Fastenal and McMaster-Carr. If I remember right, the factory used what McMaster calls a oval lock with conical top, much like the nuts used to hold a master cylinder in place. This link will get you in the ballpark:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#hex-locknuts/=6x0odp

Scroll down a little and look for "Distorted-Thread Hex Locknuts" on the right.

·
Registered
29,389 Posts
you can get them at Fastenal and there called "cinch-locks"

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got them at Tractor Supply. One just opened up 5 miles away. Looks like I'll be going there alot!! Thanks for the replies!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my '84 w-350 crew cab I still have the OG nuts with lock plates and on the rear I have the nylon lock nuts. They are one time use only at 40$ each. I'm coing to switch all four to Stage 8 locking nuts. Summit carries the Stage 8 kits for Dana 60's.

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
Those are the other kind of spindle nuts.  Billy was asking about the nuts that go on the studs that mount the spindle to the knuckle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.