Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the (2) different Spicer part numbers for the rear driveshaft? I've got the NP 241 T-case with the bolt on yoke and the 9.25 rear, in a 1990 Ramcharger. It's the Spicer "Slipper spline" driveshaft. The T-case end is the problem. The joint appears to be short where it goes into the yoke on the T-Case. My FSM isn't detailed enough to see if it requires c-clips inside the yoke to locate it.

Dave

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Looked there and couldn't find the Spicer number for the lube through the cap fitting joint, (like the Dodge joint). Called the guy that built my driveshaft and the part number he gave me is: 5x-1306-1x. It's on order and I should have it tomorrow.

Dave

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bogger 35,
Great idea, but I'm not sure how to do the post. If you don't mind doing it, please feel free to have at it. I hope it helps someone else out, too.

Note: This Spicer Pn is good for the Spicer style slipper shaft style, rear shaft, used with the fixed yoke style NP 241 transfer case. Mine is a 1990.

Thanks,
RWTD

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
l just need to know where you bought it and if it interchanges with other parts store

DEANO
aka
DODGEBOYS
aka
BOGGER35
one Masshole two user names

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The answer to your question is, the Joint can be had at NAPA or Western Auto, (Here in the Northeast), under the 5x-1306-1x, (Spicer number), or under the "Precision" / "Federal Mogul" part number: "317." Hope this helps.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts