Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, 79 TD...360, 727, 203

had cruise control...but i removed it and just bought a new cable to go from tcase box to speedometer. Now the odometer works just fine but the speedometer jumps around like crazy and makes an annoying ringing sound. I lubed up the cable, and greased up the tcase box and it still does it. I took the speedometer out of the cluster and turned it by hand using an old cable and i still jumps around. Sometimes it will stay at some random number (55mph for example) even when the truck is turned off and parked.....what did i break?

thanks in advance
-Nick

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh by the way, the previous owners burnt off the last cable with the old crappy exhaust system and i've been lazy so i've never seen this thing work correctly

·
Registered
619 Posts
definitely a problem with the speedo. try saturnsurplus.com for a new one. it should be under the m880 parts list. as far as i know the speedos were interchangable from 77-79.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info guys, my truck loves those "forced upgrades"

its time to work some overtime and get started on my custom dash ;D

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
I had that problem with my speedo, but it was because I didn't have the speedo cable all the way into the speedo. Might be something to check.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have sprayed lubricant into the speedometers that have done this, and it fixed them for years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts