Dodge RamCharger Central banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just that......I can hear a little squeak squeak squeak from it now....what's a good way to troubleshoot this? I can smack the top of the instrument cluster and the speedometer will bump up a little but always falls back down.

I think the cable runs to the tranny right? not sure where though...

-mag

·
Premium Member
11,506 Posts
Check your cable first. I would venture to say that most of the time the cable has become disconected at the speedo. Check that then follow it down to the tranny.

·
29,380 Posts
If its a 4wd, it goes to the t-case. If you have cruise control, check the cable between the dash and the c.c. unit, then the cable between the c.c. unit and the t-case.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok cool.....I forgot to mention it's 4x4 79 no cruise....so I'll check the cable to the speedo first then look towards the tcase.

Man I haven't had a chance to do any posting in a while because of tax season...it's the only time of year I can't browse freely at work cause I'm so busy....anyway I just posted another question on a dodge neon forum before this one.....7 people read it and no one answered it yet....it's the same problem.....I just had to say how much I respect you people ; ) I can't wait till the end of April so I can post regularly again.

Thanks again.

Chip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts